New 2-way key fob w/read out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just on the GM Acessory Zone and noticed that have the new key fob for sale, it tells you how much gas you have, tells you if it's running, tire pressure, change radio stations etc.... The price is $250.00, does anyone have one of these yet? If so how does it work?

mattyfast

Reaction score
i just checked that key fob out. i hope it works with the rear glass and hatch? there is only unlock lock panic and remote start buttons. hope someone can help us out with this product. i want it

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM has been talking about it for years now. It must have JUST been released, I looked into it a few months ago and it was still not available. Its about time!! I know there has been lots of anticipation here, so im sure as soon as it is available someone will scoop it up.

08Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inside-remote-large.jpg

randyfaz

Reaction score
If you check the link that 08Hoe provided there is a blurb that states

"For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock Control (AP8), and Power Liftgate, Not For Use on Hybrid Models"

jlcvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this remote works like they claim and it’s reliable. It is good to be a very popular item. I’m hoping for the best.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my golve box it says i have ap3....what is different between ap3 and ap8?

I called my local parts department yesterday and got the scope. It is in the book at the dealer with pricing but they still have not released it for sale as of yet. It should be any day now.

It is a kit that requires one hour tech time for install and programming. They have to install a antenna and transmitter.

The AP3 does differ from the AP8 however they have part numbers listed for ALL the different versions. I also I have the AP3 version in mine and based off my VIN the correct kit number is 19156555. The real good news is if that is the kit for yours the kit only cost $125.00, Price my very because I can buy wholesale parts price. If that price was discounted he gave on something that small it may only be about 15.00 more at list. That price does not include tech time. I was told out the door parts and installed around $200.00

Last edited:

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice thanks for the info.....so does the ap3 one offer extended range and all of the other AP8 fob features just a different part number?

again thanks for the info

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i found out that

(AP8) Remote Keyless Entry - Standard Equipment on all models
(AP3) Remote vehicle starter system - Included and only available with (PCI) Driver Confidence Package.

and the reason the 2way fob for ap8 is more expensive is because of the addition of remote start to the system

for those with AP8 you need this part number
17802088 2-Way Advanced Remote Start
$250.00
For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock Control (AP8), and Power Lift gate

and with AP3
2-Way Advanced Remote Start
$150.00
For Use on Vehicles with Remote Keyless Entry and Engine Start (AP3), and Power Lift gate

i checked and both of these are on gmpartsdirect.com and both are cheaper but im not exactly sure what they include if its just the fob or the fob and some relays for the ap8

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i found out that

(AP8) Remote Keyless Entry - Standard Equipment on all models
(AP3) Remote vehicle starter system - Included and only available with (PCI) Driver Confidence Package.

and the reason the 2way fob for ap8 is more expensive is because of the addition of remote start to the system

for those with AP8 you need this part number
17802088 2-Way Advanced Remote Start
$250.00
For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock Control (AP8), and Power Lift gate

and with AP3
2-Way Advanced Remote Start
$150.00
For Use on Vehicles with Remote Keyless Entry and Engine Start (AP3), and Power Lift gate

i checked and both of these are on gmpartsdirect.com and both are cheaper but im not exactly sure what they include if its just the fob or the fob and some relays for the ap8

When I Called the Parts department at my local dealer, prices I was quoted included Transmit, Receive unit, and Antenna less install, in fact they were showing it as a kit. I was quoted $125.00 less install. Anyone thinking of ordering I would contact the dealer and give them your VIN. My Tahoe has the AP3 the two way remote unit part number for mine is a 19156555 based off the VIN. My local dealer still could not put in a order as of May 10, 2008 but said they have got to be close on release if they are giving tech time and part prices.:yesnod:

Last edited: