new features on the 2009 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manny07

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got this info on another website. Let me know what you guys think. I wished they had bluetooth available on the 07/08 Tahoes or at least make it available after the 09's come out.

New features available for the 2009 model year Tahoe are:

6.2L Engine on 2WD and 4WD.
6-Speed Auto Trans (standard).
Heated and Cooled Front Seats.
Integrated BlueTooth for phone.
110V Power Outlet.
Integrated Trailer Brake Control.
Side Blind Zone Alerting System.
XM Real Time Traffic Integrated into Navigation System.

sshepherd

Reaction score
I just got home from driving a 2008 and would like to finalize my purchase by the weekend. Is the 5.3 underpowered? The 6 speed transmission may be worth wait.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got home from driving a 2008 and would like to finalize my purchase by the weekend. Is the 5.3 underpowered? The 6 speed transmission may be worth wait.

the 5.3 is not under powered but if the 6.2 is avialable I'll take.

RT- I didn't find the 6.2 on the LTZ. I found 6.0 on the hybrid. maybe i din't look in the right place.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5.3 is very adequate, but the 4L60E is old in the tooth...now, are they really making the 6 speed auto standard with EVERY motor, or just the 6.2L? If it's with every motor, then that would make the 5.3L feel more peppy, since the 6 speed has lower gear ratios off the line...

I'd like to see how much the price will be going up with those options...

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who wouldn't want the 6.2 :skep: ? That's why I went with the Tahoe instead of the Escalade or Denali, I don't think I'd ever be able to keep gas in a 6.2 liter engine. The 5.3 has enough power for what I use it for, I drive it like it's big ass SUV, not a Vette :smilielol: .

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda agree. If they can get 5.3 mileage out of a 6 litre then great but otherwise I'm happy.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas mileage is my only real complaint with my Denali. Otherwise, the 6.2L + 6-speed combo is BOSS. :thumbsup: Even with "cooled seats", bluetooth, and XM live traffic on the nav, until they figure out how to get the second and third rows to fold flat into the floor, I'll stick with what we've got! :cool2:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 5.3 is not under powered but if the 6.2 is avialable I'll take.

RT- I didn't find the 6.2 on the LTZ. I found 6.0 on the hybrid. maybe i din't look in the right place.

Same here, they haven't updated the website yet, they will soon.

Ibcheeky

Reaction score
You have to build the truck as a 2WD LTZ to get the 6.2 option. It is not offered right now as a 4X4.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to build the truck as a 2WD LTZ to get the 6.2 option. It is not offered right now as a 4X4.

ok, since my yukon is 4wd, im not lookin for a second 4wd, i never built it in anything but 2wd, wonder why its not in 4x4 as well. :cuss:

Canucklehead

Reaction score
Sweating the small stuff

My 07 Denali is my third GMC that I've owned. My 2000 Yukon SLT suffered the same growing pains as my first model year 07 and my 04 Denali was perfect aside from that ugly fake gray plastic wood trim that they stuffed into it.
The 07 is a drivers SUV, got almost every little convenience that they could think of. I say almost because there are a few things that I think they overlooked. For instance I miss that little door lock button in the rear cargo area. I know that there is a delay door lock feature on the remote but it's not always handy especially if you're hands are full and the keys are in your pocket. Another feature I'd like to see is a button in the overhead console and rear liftgate for the rear doorglass. If your cargo area is full of stuff that is in danger of falling out if you open the full hatch the only way to open the doorglass is with the remote.
That's my 2 cents as small as they may seem. I made the mistake of buying a first model year vehicle and I'm glad I elected to lease this 07. Hopefully by the time my lease is up they'll have worked out all of the demons and trim flaws.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This evolution I saw coming, but I wonder if the bigger engine will hurt fuel economy, and importantly will GM screw up by raising prices on the 09's?

its only 1200 (i think) to upgrade it, but my 6.2 liter denali got 9.8 in the city and i got 14.7 on the freeway, so yes it will be lower, because you got more horsies to feed.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its only 1200 (i think) to upgrade it, but my 6.2 liter denali got 9.8 in the city and i got 14.7 on the freeway, so yes it will be lower, because you got more horsies to feed.

VERY true.

HOWEVER, with my Edge Evolution and Volant CAI, my XL gets 13.5 city, 17 highway. Not terrible, but certainly not great. Yes, that's with 93 octane gas, and driving like Grandpa. [And before we get all "WAaa! 93 Octane costs more", I've DONE the math, and the cost/mile is LESS with 93 due to mileage improvements than with 87 (plus she runs like a beast on 93 with the Edge)!]

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VERY true.

HOWEVER, with my Edge Evolution and Volant CAI, my XL gets 13.5 city, 17 highway. Not terrible, but certainly not great. Yes, that's with 93 octane gas, and driving like Grandpa. [And before we get all "WAaa! 93 Octane costs more", I've DONE the math, and the cost/mile is LESS with 93 due to mileage improvements than with 87 (plus she runs like a beast on 93 with the Edge)!]

i never did an edge or any preformace upgrades, and yes i did put 92 in because i liked the preformace. but i didnt drive in no granny lane, that was the truck i drove when i was ready to fly ( or in a hurry) but keep in mind the sierra has 403 and your (stock, i bet your close to 430 with your upgrades) was only 380.

plus you have a dvd, i didnt in the denali, all those kiddy movies must way you down :D :thumbsup:

Auburn

Reaction score
The power outlet and blue tooth sound like good additions. Not sure I would upgrade mine at this point, though.

Any idea what the towing capacity will be on the 6.2?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never did an edge or any preformace upgrades, and yes i did put 92 in because i liked the preformace. but i didnt drive in no granny lane, that was the truck i drove when i was ready to fly ( or in a hurry) but keep in mind the sierra has 403 and your (stock, i bet your close to 430 with your upgrades) was only 380.

plus you have a dvd, i didnt in the denali, all those kiddy movies must way you down :D :thumbsup:

Yes, estimated between 425 - 440 HP, and 445lb/ft torque. Nah, not too many kid movies in there. I cleaned them all out the other day -- got tired of all of them being piled in the center console! It's the stroller, car seat, and tons of crap from Costco that usually weigh us down. :D