New Grammy Edition Tahoe 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a 2008 Tahoe Grammy Edition about 10 days ago. I'll try and get some pix up and show you guys. I'm gonna miss my 2002 LT Tahoe though. Lots of memories :(

P.S. Avoid Guaranty Chevrolet in Santa Ana, CA

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the Grammy Edition, is that like a trophy hood ornament or something? (JK) Never heard of it, but do tell us what it is please. And tell us about that dealership, as it's in my area.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy sponsored the Grammy Awards this year so basically they provided black Tahoe's and black Surbarban's (Fully Loaded LTZ's with 20" Chrome rims) to whoever company was in charge of transportation for celebrities and guests. They went on auction to some dealers. Legally, since these trucks have more than 100 miles on them they have to certify them as "used."

Guaranty Chevrolet had one @ $42,990. Since I wasn't content on having a black truck to begin with I offered 42 out the door. They said they would do 45 with tax/licensing out the door. I refused and the guy told me that if it's still on the lot after 30 days they would consider my offer. I start looking at LT3's at other dealers as well and figure that I'm getting a steal on that Grammy truck. Of course when I decide I want it, they sold it. So I look at a white diamond ltz that we negotiate a final price of 48 on. I was led to believe that they couldn't find a Grammy one for me. To make a really long story short, the sales manager says that my credit wasn't good enough for not even 4.9 financing. He offers me 8.99 percent with GMAC which I say no to of course. Calls me the next day and still couldn't get nothing accomplished. I do my own checking and find a Grammy truck at Tustin Chevy for $42,900 with 320 miles on it. I find out from the sales guy they've had it for about 4 weeks. I offer 43 out the door and they agree. Then I got 2.9 financing WITH GMAC THE SAME COMPANY I SUPPOSEDLY DIDN'T HAVE GOOD ENOUGH CREDIT FOR BETTER THAN 8.99. I buy it, then Guaranty still calls me and I tell them what happened. The guy had the nerve to say "why didn't you just ask me to find you the same truck?" After they had every opportunity to offer me that. So I got a better truck, less financing and I'm happy.

SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It always pisses me off when they try to jerk you around with the financing like that. That's why I always line up my own financing, no trade in, etc. Had one Ford dealership offer to do like 1.9%, after I was already setting up my own financing. I said try it, but I bet you come back with a higher rate, even though my credit's good. Sure enough they come back with like 5%. Since the car arrived early, my bank wasn't ready, so I had to have them finance the deal temporarily, just so I could take it. 3 weeks later they're calling saying come in fast, we can't get anyone to finance you at the rate. I was like don't worry about it, I'll be there later with check in full so don't bother me with your broken promises. So I took my time and brought them the check like 2 months after I took the car; you should have seen the Sales Manager's face when he realized they gave me a car for free. I could have screwed with them so bad. And all the while my girlfriend and I had really good credit. They're pathetic.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealers always try to screw you hard on % rates. why i say im gunna buy a new car than 6 months later get it so i can pay cash and forget car payments and not have to hassle. :cool2:

i saw those grammy hoes, but i figured for a cheaper price im getting a "new" vehicle. insted of a certified used, even though its still really new, it just does not feel new.

good luck on your hoe:cool2:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealers always try to screw you hard on % rates. why i say im gunna buy a new car than 6 months later get it so i can pay cash and forget car payments and not have to hassle. :cool2:

i saw those grammy hoes, but i figured for a cheaper price im getting a "new" vehicle. insted of a certified used, even though its still really new, it just does not feel new.

good luck on your hoe:cool2:

Wonder how many Ho's either puked or creamed in those Hoe's that night??? Oh well, bound to happen eventually.:D Seriously though, you guys that get those, there must be a way to back track who was riding in which truck that night, right? I'd try to find out, might be an interesting conversation piece.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many Ho's either puked or creamed in those Hoe's that night??? Oh well, bound to happen eventually.:D Seriously though, you guys that get those, there must be a way to back track who was riding in which truck that night, right? I'd try to find out, might be an interesting conversation piece.

The night I drove that thing off the lot i swear that was one of the first things that I thought of that night. "I wonder which rapper banged some hoes in this thing." Believe you me, before I even signed papers I inspected that thing like you wouldn't believe. But if it hadn't happened already I broke it in this past Saturday :shhh:

All I know is there was no registered owner before it. Only the factory. The warranty and everything actually kicks in from the time I drove it off the lot. And has anyone ever just paid a car in full at a dealer? Don't you find it funny how once you're ready to just give them a full payment w/o financing they still ask for your SS #?

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and FYI guys if anyone is interested in pursuing one of these things: if you go to the stealership and look at one pretend like you don't know what it is and CASUALLY ask how long they've had it on the lot. Something stupid like,"you know I passed by last week and didn't see it." If they've had that thing for over 3 weeks you will definetly get it at 44 grand out the door if not less.

Idahoe

Reaction score
Just had to throw my 2 cents in when it comes to Guaranty Chevrolet, that name brings back bad memories of dealings I had with their body shop. I would not recommend them to anyone.