New old HOE driver from the netherlands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DutchTBI

Reaction score
Zoetermeer ( Sweetlake City) The Netherlands
Hi, I just discovered this forum surfing the internet. My name is René Vlietstra, I'm 51, married and own a darkgrey 2001 Tahoe 5.3 LT. One of the few Tahoe's around over here.

Nice to see there's a forum just for Tahoe's and Yukon's.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Hi, I just discovered this forum surfing the internet. My name is René Vlietstra, I'm 51, married and own a darkgrey 2001 Tahoe 5.3 LT. One of the few Tahoe's around over here.

Nice to see there's a forum just for Tahoe's and Yukon's.

Wow welcome to the forum, Tahoe's are awesome, so find a parking spot and enjoy.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum.

all gm suvs and trucks ROCK. except for maybe the canyon. what were they thinking:eek: :skep:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!! We are very pleased to have you here on our board. Please stick around and share with us your experience of owning a Tahoe in the big ole EU.

:cheers:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Must be kinda nice to be one of the very few with a Tahoe/Yukon in your area. I can count at least 20-30 of these trucks just on my drive to work everyday over here.
Enjoy the forum; there's alot of info and cool people here.

DutchTBI

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! Over here weeks can go by without seeing another Tahoe. Yukon's are even more rare.

Most american cars over here are older than 25 years. So there a lot of old Blazers, Suburban's, Camaro's etc. being imported from the USA. That's because you don't have to pay roadtaxes for them. They convert them for driving in LPG ( liquid petrol gas) and almost drive for free. But I like the luxury of the newer models.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! Over here weeks can go by without seeing another Tahoe. Yukon's are even more rare.

Most american cars over here are older than 25 years. So there a lot of old Blazers, Suburban's, Camaro's etc. being imported from the USA. That's because you don't have to pay roadtaxes for them. They convert them for driving in LPG ( liquid petrol gas) and almost drive for free. But I like the luxury of the newer models.

Are you thinking about converting the Tahoe to LPG? Sounds cool. :D

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum! :beerchug:

i'm still pretty new myself, but i've found everyone to be really helpful so far!

DutchTBI

Reaction score
No, I'm not converting to LPG. If the car is not yet 25 years old you have to pay road taxes, cars younger than 25 years old on LPG pay double road tax. So for me it's not that tempting. It's only cheaper than riding on gas if your car is older than 25 years or if you're driving more than 20,000 mls per year.

Last edited: