New to me 2008 Tahoe.. LS, LT??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akbrener

Reaction score
Just picked up a nice used 08 yesterday but have some questions regarding the actual trim level of the truck. The side pillar says LT, but if I use GM's vid decoder thing i googled, it shows up as a LS model.

This truck is loaded! Leather, parking sensors, power lift gate, wood trim, turn signal mirrors, only thing I do not seem to have is 20's and a sunroof. It does have a 5.3 and is 2wd. I had to go out of town so I dont have access to the RPO codes right now, but will in a few days.

Any way I can give the last 8 of the vin and find the original build sheet? The options all look factory, so I dont think anyone spent the time to replace everything with LT items.

Thanks! just trying to figure out what exactly I own now

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

If it has leather then it is an LT or better. I can't get you a build sheet. However, what I CAN do is link you to an RPO Code search function on my site that will allow you to easily and quickly look the RPO codes up when you get back.

CLICK HERE to see what I mean about the RPO Codes When you get there, enter the search term Leather and see what comes up...lol

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. If you PM me your vin, and email, I can try and do a build sheet and email it to you. Let me know.

embry1123

Reaction score
I have a similar question; We recently bought a 2008 Z71, leather, navigation, etc... When I insured the vehicle, the agent asked if it was an LS, LT or LTZ. Of course I said it's a Z71 and I was then told that the trim level designation still applied. Don't know what I have either. The only options we seem to be missing is the power lift gate and no wood trim, however I'm told the wood trim is not included on the Z71 package? I also have questions about the Bose radio / navigation system. If someone has the time and or knowledge on this I will list the questions. Thanks in advance for any and all help in figuring this out.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z71's are LT's. you are right about the wood trim, and it no being in the Z71's. They all had the metal applique in place of the wood.

embry1123

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. After reading into the threads a little more, I have found that there are different levels of the LT package, how would I go about finding out which I have?

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to the new "build sheet" section of this forum, and pm me your vin and email. I will try and get you a build sheet and email it to you.

embry1123

Reaction score
I was unable to locate the "build sheet" area on the forum. My wife drives the Tahoe so I'll have to get the VIN tonight and I will PM you with it when I do. Thanks for your help on this, I greatly appreciate it!