New to the group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

812EnRoute

Reaction score
Well new to the forum. I've been on here for a little bit but like most new people they are asked for pics and I have not had time lately with all the storms and redoing my house that I bought a few months ago. So they will come soon.

Any ways I have a 2000 Pewter Chevy Tahoe 4wd 5.3L Lt I bought around Thanksgiving time 07. My buddy keeps talking about the S 10 forum and I figured I would look for one for the truck and here I am.

No modifications to body, engine yet. I plan on doing an intake but don't know if I want K&N or AEM. I would also like to lift it a little bit to give it a little bit of a meaner stance. I was thinking of doing a body lift or doing the torsion bars. Doing a suspension lift would be to much right now with redoing the house. One of the problems I have is similar to Jesters. I have a push bar mounted to the front frame and don't know if it would work as well as his did. And of course later do a little bit bigger set of tires under her.

Only things that I have done to her are the window vents, rock/bug shield, push bar, 10 strobe lights, 10 LEDs, flashers, center console (in the next few weeks), radios, and other equipment I need when out. I use her as a daily driver and also as an emergency vehicle when I am called out with my Emergency Management group.

Well hope to help as much as I can with my car background and get help from people with knowledge of the beasts we love to drive.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, glad your happy with the truck. Nows the time to get em if you can deal with the gas prices.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford F-150 torsion keys ($25 each) are good for about 2" of lift in the front, and rear 1.5" coil spacers for the rear (about $90 for the set) will balance the look out. Throw some new shocks under the truck with a little bit longer travel, and you've got an extremely economical lift. That will get you comfortably into the 33" tire range, IIRC. I think 2001Yuke is running that setup.

Where are you located? I work for Castle Pines Emergency Services. Not really the same as an emergency management firm, but we do a combo of security and EMS.

ETA: Just read your location. How do you like Illinois? My wife wanted to move there at one point, but the state isn't very gun friendly...and I like my guns. ;)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome aboard to the forum:beerchug:. Hope you enjoy your stay.

812EnRoute

Reaction score
Ford F-150 torsion keys ($25 each) are good for about 2" of lift in the front, and rear 1.5" coil spacers for the rear (about $90 for the set) will balance the look out. Throw some new shocks under the truck with a little bit longer travel, and you've got an extremely economical lift. That will get you comfortably into the 33" tire range, IIRC. I think 2001Yuke is running that setup.

Where are you located? I work for Castle Pines Emergency Services. Not really the same as an emergency management firm, but we do a combo of security and EMS.

ETA: Just read your location. How do you like Illinois? My wife wanted to move there at one point, but the state isn't very gun friendly...and I like my guns. ;)

Thanks for the advice on the lift I'll look into it some more.

As for the work I do I work on the Navy Base maintaining a training simulator and for the Emergency Management group we have between 30 to 40 members who all have full time jobs in different backgrounds, and we all do this in our "free time" meaning we are on call 24/7 365 a year. We do some security, mostly minor and major traffic control, severe weather spotting, along with some first responder situations, and going as far as if another 9-11 or Katrina or Greensburg were to happen we have training to help with what ever needs to be done.

Illinois I like it. Its home to me and all of my family. It has its multiple seasons not in any order and they always get mixed up, rain, tornadoes, floods, snow, blizzards, road construction, mild, hot, very hot, cold, very cold. Talking to some of the guys on base they love it and some hate it while they are stationed out here. All depends on where home is for them.