New trans fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my trans and diff fluid flushed yesterday, what a difference. Used to lag hardcore between on acceleration (especially on cold starts), now it feels perfect, no lag whatsoever. Definitely a good use of $180 :D

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question. Did the dealership do it? I assume NOT since what you paid seems really low for a dealership to charge!...:lol:

2000tahoe

Reaction score
Ill be changing mine this weekend,its got 107000 on it and dont know if previous owner changed it.It shifts great except on cold mornings so will see.

Grebbler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well did mine and big difference,shifts so much better,even cold.

Please tell us what method was used.

A full chemical flush?
A full machine flush?
Manual pan and TC bleed?
Just the pan fluid replaced?

I really want to replace mine, if just to replenish the additive package, but the horror stories are holding me back.

Greb

2000tahoe

Reaction score
Please tell us what method was used.

A full chemical flush?
A full machine flush?
Manual pan and TC bleed?
Just the pan fluid replaced?

I really want to replace mine, if just to replenish the additive package, but the horror stories are holding me back.

Greb

well since i got the corvette and the chevelle in the garage i had to do it outside on my back.the exhaust runs right under pan so you cant just drop pan,(wasnt pulling exhaust down at 20 degrees out.)so i got it low enough to drain it and put a rag up in pan and wiped clean.Pulled filter out replaced it theres enough room to do that,then bolt pan back up refill and run.When i can get back in garage ill drain convertor and do an entire flush,but much better now.