New Vehicle, ENGINE MISFIRE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoeguy83

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 5.3L 2WD 6-speed auto. I've put a little over 500 miles on it. On Monday of this week I went to start the vehicle and it turned over, but the entire vehicle started shaking side to side and the tact was jumping all over the place as well as the oil pressure gauge. Then the rocking of the vehicle stopped, and the sputtering of the engine settled down, next the check engine light came on.

I took the vehicle to my dealership to have them take a look. They kept it over night, for several days now. This only happens when the engine is cold. So they only have a few minutes to play with, or so they are telling me. The first day they said there were history codes of the vehicle having this problem since mile 15. When I took delivery of the vehicle it had over 100 miles on it. They said the codes were showing a mis-fire in cylinder one.

Now today, they say there is a mis-fire in cylinder six. They are going to keep it another day. They also asked me about gas and said they tested my gas and found it to be sub-par. I live in TX and since the vehicle is new, I'm babying it and I put premium fuel in it, 91 octane. I thought most cars these days could compensate for any fuel level, it is a flex fuel vehicle...

Anyways, any help or knowledge would be helpful, I'm very concerned about the reliability of my new vehicle's engine after this much drama so early in its life. Thanks!!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't let them BS you and say your 91 octane gas caused that because it didn't!