newbie here... ISO a tahoe or yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yUkOn4uS

Reaction score
hey guys im in search of a 2002 - 2005 tahoe or yukon but dont know anything about them at all.. ive alwasy been in the import scene... but now im falling for the tahoes and yukons... wow they are hot..
whats better the tahoe or the yukon? which one holds better value?...
i heard there are sle model and slt model? what is all that?...
can someone please help me?... and if i find a AWD can it be lowered? i live in virginia so i can get slammed due to snow season .... thanks guys...

mark72501

Reaction score
hey guys im in search of a 2002 - 2005 tahoe or yukon but dont know anything about them at all.. ive alwasy been in the import scene... but now im falling for the tahoes and yukons... wow they are hot..
whats better the tahoe or the yukon? which one holds better value?...
i heard there are sle model and slt model? what is all that?...
can someone please help me?... and if i find a AWD can it be lowered? i live in virginia so i can get slammed due to snow season .... thanks guys...

Ok, well the main difference between Tahoes and Yukons in that year range are the front facia and the badging and oem wheels. Yes, there are SLE and SLT models (I know those are the designations on the Yukons...it's early and whether or not it's the same on the Tahoes is escaping me right now). Typically the SLE model is the model with more options/gadgets. As far as holding better value, someone else may be able to answer better than I because I would assume they are about the same. I used to hear that GMC held value just slightly better but I'm not sure if that's still true. And yes, I've heard of some folks lowering the 4x4 models but I haven't done it myself so I'm not sure what the limitations are, etc. But living where you do you would definitely need a 4x4 to get around on the snow.

Hope this helps you a little bit. I noticed no one had responded so I wanted to help where I could.

Mark

Last edited:

yUkOn4uS

Reaction score
Ok, well the main difference between Tahoes and Yukons in that year range are the front facia and the badging and oem wheels. Yes, there are SLE and SLT models (I know those are the designations on the Yukons...it's early and whether or not it's the same on the Tahoes is escaping me right now). Typically the SLE model is the model with more options/gadgets. As far as holding better value, someone else may be able to answer better than I because I would assume they are about the same. I used to hear that GMC held value just slightly better but I'm not sure if that's still true. And yes, I've heard of some folks lowering the 4x4 models but I haven't done it myself so I'm not sure what the limitations are, etc. But living where you do you would definitely need a 4x4 to get around on the snow.

Hope this helps you a little bit. I noticed no one had responded so I wanted to help where I could.

Mark

thnak you mark... im looking at yukons rite now since i been told by mnay that htey hold value better... but how come some other tell me that the slt is the top of the line .. theyve told me that the sle is the lower model?...

mark72501

Reaction score
thnak you mark... im looking at yukons rite now since i been told by mnay that htey hold value better... but how come some other tell me that the slt is the top of the line .. theyve told me that the sle is the lower model?...

yes, it is the slt that is the top model...my bad. it was early when i was writing that and i misspoke...er, mistyped. the slt is the top of the line and the sle is below that. sorry.

they probably do hold their value a little better. seems, at least for me, the gmc's have always seemed a bit nicer and classier than the chevys...though i like both.

yUkOn4uS

Reaction score
yes, it is the slt that is the top model...my bad. it was early when i was writing that and i misspoke...er, mistyped. the slt is the top of the line and the sle is below that. sorry.

they probably do hold their value a little better. seems, at least for me, the gmc's have always seemed a bit nicer and classier than the chevys...though i like both.

ive noticed between the chevy and gmc is that hte gmc has better trim and better looking interior trin also... the diff between the sle and slt is that the slt is leather and the sle is cloth.... so there fore with three kids i need the slt for easier cleaning... i found one already but i think im gonna pick it up next weeks or so...

oh and by the way.. .does anyone know if it is possible to install the escalade roof luggage rack on the yukon?