Newbie here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColdCougar

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and rather than LURK the whole time I am saying Hello (no wave smiley?? ) :kap: (I guess that'll do) My wife and I :ura:Just purchased a '95 Tahoe 4Dr 4X4 ... we wanted a bigger vehicle because we just had a baby :ma:, that and my Cougar decided it was time to hibernate for the winter. I have to warn y'all ... I am a Ford guy first ... that being "said" I LOVE this truck!! Plus we couldn't pass up the price ... I have to replace the drivers door handle ... and had the radiator leak around the oil fittings (which I see BOTH are common issues) ... the dealer replaced the rad. and I can handle the ... ah well ... the handle LOL ... OK .. enough of the intro ... flame away on the ford thing ... BTW Cougar in my screen name does NOT mean I am a woman ... :skep:

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. As for the Ford thing, it's ok we all make mistakes sometimes. You'll enjoy the tahoe. 4x4 will pay for itself this winter I am sure for you.

ColdCougar

Reaction score
LOL mistakes huh ... thanks for the welcome ... Im sure I will love it!! I've had plenty of 4x4s and YES they sure do help in the winter ... cant wait for this beast to hit the snow !!

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are tough trucks. I am not exactly what you would call "nice" in the way I drive my vehicles. I come from a chevy family, dad has a tahoe and a tahoe before that (corvettes and GTOs at his younger years), mom drives a Pontiac trans am WS6, brother had a built Z-28, we also build motors for a few local racers from SCCA AS class, all of which are Chevy. It is in my blood.

But any way they are great trucks last forever and look great.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love all kinds of cars. I dont care what they are.
Im glad you like both too. youll find a bunch of great people here and lots of good advice.
Dont forget to support the page and visit the sponsors on the sidebar if you can.

welcome!

Pete

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! These trucks are nice. I made the same Ford mistake...twice. One with a SVO turbo 'stang and then again a few years later with an EB Expedition. Oh well, live and learn, right?:D
And congrats on your new baby:beerchug:

ColdCougar

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! These trucks are nice. I made the same Ford mistake...twice. One with a SVO turbo 'stang and then again a few years later with an EB Expedition. Oh well, live and learn, right?:D
And congrats on your new baby:beerchug:

Thanks for the welcome and the congrats !! Your mistakes werent because they were fords ... they were because they were an SVO mustang and an exploder :rolleyes2: ... not to get into a peeing match over brands they both have their good and bad BUT ... I've had a Bronco, an F150, F250 Turbo diesel, F350 dually Turbo Diesel, A couple of 04 Mustang GT convertibles, my '69 Cougar .... OH a ranger and a few others ... I've pretty much run the gambit ... I loved all of them ... even the F350 which had some problems because of stoopit prior owners ... that'd be just like owning one of the s-10 blazers and a camaro esprit ... not the best track records for the brand ... HEY LOOK a waving smiley musta missed him before :yaya:

They are tough trucks. I am not exactly what you would call "nice" in the way I drive my vehicles. I come from a chevy family, dad has a tahoe and a tahoe before that (corvettes and GTOs at his younger years), mom drives a Pontiac trans am WS6, brother had a built Z-28, we also build motors for a few local racers from SCCA AS class, all of which are Chevy. It is in my blood.

But any way they are great trucks last forever and look great.

LOL yeah I've been told that I'm not nice to my vehicles either ... :shrug: ... they gotta keep up with me ... sounds like some REAL nice vehicles in your family there ... Im a closet Firebird guy :shy2: ... would love to own a '68

I love all kinds of cars. I dont care what they are.
Im glad you like both too. youll find a bunch of great people here and lots of good advice.
Dont forget to support the page and visit the sponsors on the sidebar if you can.

welcome!

Pete

Yeah I noticed that this board is real helpful ... I had a Wrangler not to long ago and the people over on that board were ... ummm .... butt holes ... can I say that here LOL ... if you asked how to do ANYTHING but put in a lift or regear ... the answer was "buy a honda" :mad2: ... idjits !!!

Last edited:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kind of thing doesnt seem to happen here. There have been a couple fights, but thats kind of it. basically, everyone in this forum is cool.