Not happy with my 08 Tahoe and dealership....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they did document in your purchase paperwork that it is a known defect then you would have needed to actually initial that line acknowledging that you are aware it is a defect. If you initialed this then you would likely be wasting your time in court.
You need to determine if you actually need to replace and pay for new seats before bringing suit in small claims court.
And most of all, only sue the dealer at this point, that way, if you lose, you still retain the option of suing GM on the "known defect" point.
Good luck.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problem. I own a small family owned used dealership in orange county and we would never treat anyone like that.

Also, if you are interested in getting leather (aftermarket kit) and can get you a good deal.

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I wanted cloth because we are expecting a baby, and figured the leather would be destroyed by a carseat.. when in fact the cloth is worse than destroyed leather at this point.

Actually, what you really want with kids is leather. Leather just wipes up when stuff spills on it. Cloth, well, not so much.

BTW, the seats will be fine with the carseat on them. If you're really worried about it, they make car seat mats with a turned up lip that go under the carseat and spread the load around a bit.

300C SRT8

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input... and I appreciate the offer CIATAHOE about the aftermarket leather.. I may be hitting you up soon about that.

I should have just bought the package with the leather, but it was a $4K difference and the only big deal was just the leather, which I didnt think would matter so much.

GM basically has closed my case and said 'oh well' at this point, as I just talked to the supervisor of the guy I talked to last week. They said go ahead and do what I need to do legally, they dont care.. and was pretty rude also to me...

I will have to look into the car seat with the lip think for my 300C because that has leather in it, so that should work great. If anything, I am just going to get the Katzkin and never buy a damn GM product again.. after seeing how they treat an unhappy customer I will NEVER give a single dollar to GM AGAIN!