ok,what the hell is this noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fck55mph

Reaction score
i know mine cant be the only truck that does it but what is that clicking noise most heard when going slow and by a wall such as drive-thru??

tahoeman21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clicking sound.....

You might have an exhaust leak...... there might be a crack on one of the exhaust manifolds....

fck55mph

Reaction score
no, cuz it does it when i have the truck in the air and rotate the rear drive shaft. kinda hard to describe it...

fck55mph

Reaction score
yea, everything is fine there too. i noticed it when i was at a mcdonalds drive thru, every two feet or so when goin about 3 mph there was a "click"..like a ball bearing being dropped on steel...weird!!

Rick90467

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is wierd, maybe somethig chipped loose in the axle housing. But that would rather make a thud. Look close at the axle springs and see if maybe a crack has devoped, other than that I am baffled.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound ridiculous, but I had the same noise and it ended up being a tab the helps hold on the center cap. The tab had broken off of my center cap and was flopping around inside/underneath the cap. (I have facotry denali rims on my tahoe).

Tom Danger Collins

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem.

yea, everything is fine there too. i noticed it when i was at a mcdonalds drive thru, every two feet or so when goin about 3 mph there was a "click"..like a ball bearing being dropped on steel...weird!!

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP said it did it in the air on a lift....

Suspect Hubcap, U Joint, etc.....