Painted Bow-Ties?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an online store that carries them? Looking to get a matching bow-tie to my dark gray Tahoe and I don't really want to go through the hassle of painting unless necessary.

Thanks, Dan

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only types I ever found were the chrome/billet replacements or the vinyl overlays. Majority available on eBay but some on-line stores sell as well. Be careful though - some of these on-line stores can go out of business in a heartbeat! Experienced that already. If you have a "friend" in the body shop area, have them paint for a few bucks - that's how mine got done! Good luck.

Jake

Reaction score
rocky its so easy it wil take you like 20 min to do...the best part if you dont like it you can always change color...if you need some help in removing or anyhting let me know and ill steer ya right

JAY DEE

Reaction score
The only types I ever found were the chrome/billet replacements or the vinyl overlays. Majority available on eBay but some on-line stores sell as well. Be careful though - some of these on-line stores can go out of business in a heartbeat! Experienced that already. If you have a "friend" in the body shop area, have them paint for a few bucks - that's how mine got done! Good luck.

x229. I just got mine painted.......matter i fact the whole truck........

animalbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just painted my bowtie to match the rest of my Z71 which is dark green. cost was only 15 dollars and really helps out the front end!!! Just go to the dealer and get a can of spray touch-up paint.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a real nice look, here is a link to another forum and a thread there detailing how to paint them. It has you clean the plastic then paint it from the back so it has a gloss look without having to use a clear coat, plus, with the paint on the back of the bow tie, it can't get rock chipped. Takes a little work but I plan on doing mine next month when I take the grill off to install a tranny cooler.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94524