Part # for front bucket leather swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rney

Reaction score
Currently have ebony cloth in my '07 Tahoe. I'm installing a 2nd row bench in ebony leather I got from a Tahoe being converted to a police cruiser. Looking for the part # for the front bucket seats (passenger side w/o power lumbar) in ebony leather so I can swap out the cloth. Any suggestions on where to buy? Tough to remove the cloth?

Thanks!

convoyduel

Reaction score
There is no single part number for the seats, they are a combination of different parts. Either way, dealer prices are around $1K per seat. Watch on eBay for the best deals, but they usually include the 2nd row seat.

Trying to just swap the covers is a task best left to an upholstery expert.

Are you aware that the second row seat you bought from a PPV is vinyl, not leather? There is a couple of dealers on eBay advertising those as leather, not vinyl. Doesn't matter too much. The 3rd rows are all vinyl anyway.

rney

Reaction score
There is no single part number for the seats, they are a combination of different parts. Either way, dealer prices are around $1K per seat. Watch on eBay for the best deals, but they usually include the 2nd row seat.

Trying to just swap the covers is a task best left to an upholstery expert.

Are you aware that the second row seat you bought from a PPV is vinyl, not leather? There is a couple of dealers on eBay advertising those as leather, not vinyl. Doesn't matter too much. The 3rd rows are all vinyl anyway.

I see you have ebony leather. So it's different than the PPV vinyl?

convoyduel

Reaction score
Yes, the material is different, but overall similar from a distance. The PPV 2nd row seats do not have a center fold down armrest. The PPV's come standard with cloth front buckets and 2nd row vinyl 60/40 and are only availalbe in Ebony. The 4x4 Special Service editions have more options, but that gets off subject.

The ebony leather 60/40 bench will have the center armrest. I hate to sound like a broken record on multiple posting topics, but there are two very different styles of ebony leather. The more coarse is found in current production Tahoes and Yukons. Earlier models (07's and most 08's) certainly had a smoother/softer leather available. My seats are the softer material and were made in April '08.

Attachments

• Interior 2 Small.JPG
    Interior 2 Small.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Interior 3 small.JPG
    Interior 3 small.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 12

rney

Reaction score
Yes, the material is different, but overall similar from a distance. The PPV 2nd row seats do not have a center fold down armrest. The PPV's come standard with cloth front buckets and 2nd row vinyl 60/40 and are only availalbe in Ebony. The 4x4 Special Service editions have more options, but that gets off subject.

The ebony leather 60/40 bench will have the center armrest. I hate to sound like a broken record on multiple posting topics, but there are two very different styles of ebony leather. The more coarse is found in current production Tahoes and Yukons. Earlier models (07's and most 08's) certainly had a smoother/softer leather available. My seats are the softer material and were made in April '08.

thanks for the info. Would you say the 2nd row seat from the PPV is more like "The more coarse is found in current production Tahoes and Yukons". If I were to get OEM front leather replacements would they look a lot different from the 2nd row?

convoyduel

Reaction score
All of the PPV's I have been in (and no I wasn't handcuffed) have had a smooth vinyl. I was at a Chevy dealer just today looking for a Cobalt and noticed that every Suburban, Tahoe and Silverado I saw with Ebony leather had the very coarse texture. Almost looked like Larry King's skin. Come to think of it, maybe it was a signature edition.

rney

Reaction score
All of the PPV's I have been in (and no I wasn't handcuffed) have had a smooth vinyl. I was at a Chevy dealer just today looking for a Cobalt and noticed that every Suburban, Tahoe and Silverado I saw with Ebony leather had the very coarse texture. Almost looked like Larry King's skin. Come to think of it, maybe it was a signature edition.

Damn!! I'm torn. I don't want to fork out more $$ for seats that I don't know will match the PPV's 2nd row. I think I'm just going to go with Katzskin leather to be safe. I was quoted $1100 for the leather install for my buckets & 2nd row. Just need to locate a ebony console. Hate the jump seat.