Pedders vs. OEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the pedders man

Reaction score
DSC01284.jpg

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

Thanks For Looking....Frank

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way you could get some for a 99 and if so would you install them too?

300diesel

Reaction score
Pedders kit for a Suburban?

Can I use the Tahoe kit on a 08 Suburban or is there a problem with the excess weight?

Thanks.

Mac

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

aldok3

Reaction score
Size Tires?

Im a "noob"... but my question is, using the "Pedders" lowering kit, how big of rims do you think I could go with on my HOE? 24"s or 26"s?? Thanks!

Rob@WretchedMS

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the 26's,

For the 24's i'm not sure, since the only listing i can find that may work is a 295/35/24, the diameter of it is fine, but it's over an inch wider. I think it may depend more on the rims that you choose than anything.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a "noob"... but my question is, using the "Pedders" lowering kit, how big of rims do you think I could go with on my HOE? 24"s or 26"s?? Thanks!

You may have to do some minor clearancing with the 24s, but I have a tad bit of rubbing even from my 22s. Not enough for me to clearance at this point though. I think the 24s would be quite livable, but I would not even bother with 26s. Those would be a pain and would definately need to be clearanced.

So far in my build-up, my only regret is not going with 24s.

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone just done this on the rear of a non auto level to see if it would make the truck sit level. I don't really want to drop the front. But the rear would look better a couple inches lower as long as it doesn't drop it lower than the front.

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
Just caught this thread. I've been thinking about dropping the Denali and throwing some wheels on for the summer. I'd like to hear how the guys who've done it are liking it so far.

JusticePete

Reaction score
A GM T900 equipped with a Pedders Lowering kit will perform so much better than in OE trim it is nothing short of amazing. Check out this video of a small block equipped with Pedders coils, damper, and sway bar urethane on the Corvette & GTO Autocross. The Average time for the sports cars around the course was 26 seconds. The Tahoe made the run in 25 and change!

YouTube Tahoe Running Autocross Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG6Cb5V0olc

If you lower and use 24" wheels you will have to trim the inner plastic fender liners and use some zip ties to hold them more firmly in place. These inner fender tubs are essentially a roto-cast plastic that is not fender like accurate on every installation. They bow on one into the fender well and bow inwards on others. Regardless it isn't a big deal to run 24" rims and be lowered with Pedders. If you are running GM factory rims, there will be no trimming required with a Pedders Lowering kit.

Since this thread has started we have made installation easier. We now have Pedders bumpstops in stock for lowered applications. This eliminates the need for cutting and trimming bumpstops. Take the OE bumpstop off and install the new Pedders bumpstop for lowered GM T900s. The same is true for the front sway bay. We now have a shorter front sway bar endlink that keeps the sway bar parallel to the chassis increasing the function of the bar.

4363 Front Bumpstop https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/Default.aspx?ProdCode=4363&Level1=GMC&Level2=GMT+900

4364 Rear Bumpstop https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/Default.aspx?ProdCode=4364&Level1=GMC&Level2=GMT+900

EP098 HD Endlink for Lowered GMT900
https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.a...aspx?ProdCode=EP098&Level1=GMC&Level2=GMT+900

An auto-ride optioned GM T900, Denali or Cadillac will need only coils, sway bar bushes and HD front endlinks. The ride quality will be slightly firmer than stock. It will be more CTS than traditional floaty Cadillac. The firmness is subtle and more about control than traditional lowering abrupt. We have owners who feel the ride is actually better than box stock. These owners generally have a sporting sedan or coupe in thier garage. They love the Pedderised control in thier GM T900.

When installing new front coils on a GM T900 care must be exercised to protect the front struts. GM states that the strut shaft must be immobilized when removing the retaining nut. Failure to do so can result in strut failure.

For the more demanding drive with Auto-ride on a GM T900 the best option is to replace the entire system with Padders GSR dampers, SR Coils, urethane sway bar bushes and endlinks. With this setup you will have put SPORT into your SUV.

GMT900 Sport / Police Package
https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.a...ode=GMT900+NA+SPORT&Level1=GMC&Level2=GMT+900

Pedders Gas SportsRyder Struts and Shocks -- Limited Time -- $499.00

The best truck GM ever built is even better when equipped with Pedders Gas SportsRyder struts and shocks. The nitrogen charged front struts are higher in critical damping rate to provide improved control and stability. The Gas SportsRyder 1 5/8" BIG Bore rear shocks are more than professional grade, they are Outback Tough. Work hard and play harder -- Pedderise for ONLY $499.00

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/Default.aspx?ProdCode=GMT900DAMPERKIT&Featured=Yes

These GM T900 suspension products are available through your local Pedders Dealer for online purchase or Pedders Professional installation.

Locate a Pedders Dealer

848ed5991b1276.gif

kingnut

Reaction score
install looks good but im not feeling the back not being level with the front.

kingnut

Reaction score
also the tahoe was hauling ass around the track. were those 22"s?

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my sweet looking Pedders equipped ride here:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5383

No, it is not level front to back, but it still looks sweet. Being level was not a concern for me, Having a great handling ride is my main thing. Still it's overall lower than stock and looks great.

Also I am happy to say that I will be trying (and reviewing) the Pedders front struts soon! Thanks Pete!

I can vouch for the great ride with just the 4 springs (the fronts on stock Z71 struts) and rear GSR shocks. Hoping to see another level of improvement with the Pedders front struts installed.

Hoping to install (and review) the next level of Pedderization after that with the sway bar bushes (you listening Pete?).

Last edited: