performance exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exxxtrem

Reaction score
What have you guys tried and liked. Im looking for a performance muffler but dont want it to be loud. Looking for a nice deep tone without being loud. Most exhaust shops told me most are quieter at idol and louder when you get on it. What have you guys tried. From what i heard this morning dynamax is quieter than flowmaster but still hp increase

exxxtrem

Reaction score
has anyone noticed our y pipes go from dual 2 1/2 and combine to a 3" then drop to a 2 1/2 into muffler then come out dual 3" and combine into a single 2 1/2!!!! wtf that retarded

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the flowmaster catback kit. after installing the flowmaster I went to the auto parts store and bought a 3" turn down and dumped the exhuast right after the flowmaster. It sounds great and not loud at all. I did install the tailpipe and it looks good but I wanted at least a little sound to it with the tail pipe on you can barely hear it. I also noticed a little more power and throttle response.

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here ya go
My welding is not so great welding upside down on the ground but it will do.

Attachments

• tahoe flowmaster.jpg
    tahoe flowmaster.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get a aluminum driveshaft too. I thought they came with one from the factory but I guess not.

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy bubble gum popcorn batman. lol. Im just kidding. And thats funny because my 04 lt hoe 4x4 has an aluminum driveshaft

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder why? maybe because your rear end has the 3.73 GR and mine is a 3.42. Well now I know I can get one that will fit easy.

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well never mined it won't fit cause you have a transfer case which would make yours shorter

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes sir. if you were here in phoenix i could get you a beautiful one made for 350 bucks