Post your Tahoe peeves here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
-The blinkers continue to blink several times after you let go of the stem making you think you they're still on which results in slamming the stem in the other direction....and so on....and so on.....
QUOTE]

The tahoe was built with that feature. When changing lanes you just have to move the stick slightly and it blinks 3 or 4 times. I like the feature personally.[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY.. that blinker feature is great.. one gentle touch and 3 times she blinks.. one gentle touch in tow mode and 6 times she blinks.. great feature

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
Adding one more to my previous list:
- applying the slightest tension to the shoulder belt in any way while driving seems to activate the 'crash mode' in the belt tensioner.

Anybody elses do that too? My '04 Trailblazer did the same thing. Must be a GM thing. I understand the concept but all I have to do is lean forward at anything faster than turtle pace and the %$*#! thing wants to lock up, and then it takes 3-4 attempts and retractions before the tensioner lets go. Very annoying.

LOL... thats funny.. i hear ya.. ive been noticing that.. it happens even when i try to reach into my pockets when im drving.. SNAP.. im stuck and my wallet is gonna have to wait.. way too sensitive

KU Tahoe

Reaction score
5. if you got a denali you could have gotton awd. also i keep mine in auto 4wd works just as good as soon as the rear start slipping i get traction.

Yea I know but I did not like the light on the Denali and the Esaclade. Now I Wish that I would have gotten it anyway. I may trade it for an 08

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest gripe is the rear Tail Gate Dirt Magnet built in from the factory.....:mad2:

My one dis-appointment with the new design is the front end look. I wish they would have given it a 'silverado' look, like the trucks. Hard to explain but 'slimmer' looking. As it stands now , it looks too much like an expedition.
Not being sarcastic here........but where in the hell do you see an Expedition in our Trucks...lol

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would say my only pet pevve thoughi is that the heat has never worked right or there is always somthing wrong with the heat, when i first bought it the rear heat didn't work, and STILL now the front heat only works on 90. :cuss:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5. no AWD only 2wd or 4wd

6. lack of hitch cover hated that I had to buy one.

My peeve is that 4wd is an option, it should be standard. AWD is a joke.
The purpose of AWD is to provide some traction in poor conditions. AWD is a halfa$$ed attempt at it. 4wd is the way to do it.

When you buy the truck you should have the dealer throw in the hitch cover, walk from the deal if he wont do it, he'll come after you.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2007 Tahoe looks nothing like the new Expy in front. The 2007 Silverado front looks more like the front of the Expy. I love the new Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche look.

I have to agree.. The front end is one of the things I love about the looks of the new Tahoe

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. no express up and down all windows
Strange. In the US everybody complains about that and no US manufacturer has them.

3. fit and finish is a bit on the cheap side for a truck that stickers for over 53k.
Yep. Same here.

5. no AWD only 2wd or 4wd
I have a 4WD (Suburban) and a AWD ( Yukon Denali XL). I like the 4WD much better as being able to switch between these two modes. For fuel economy the 2*4 mode should be much better. My F-250 has a 40 % better mpg in 2x4 thann in 4x4.

6. lack of hitch cover hated that I had to buy one.
I bought one, too. Looks much better now. But without it you have the better and stronger bumper (hitch). :D

Jim

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well lets talk about #2, the gmc acadia, saturn outlook, and buick enclave, all have express up and down, i know this because my mother has an 08 acadia, and my father has an 08 enclave, when we went to joliet, kankakee, illinois for business, and to see some old friends (lived there for 3 years, HATED IT, i miss texas, that was where most of my life was), the rental car they gave us was a pacifica (POS), and it had express up and down for all four windows, so us auto makers do have.

6, thats only a problem on the gmt 900's, on the 800's you see the entire frame, to give it a cool apperence i installed a GMC hitch cover, looks really cool.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the factory backup camera:
At nighttime I have the dash lights turned all the way down because the NAV screen even in night mode is too bright.

When I go into reverse in this mode, the backup camera goes full brightness but will dim once you slightly turn the dimming knob, then it matches the brightness setting. It will always come on in "full brightness". It's probably a "feature" and not a "bug" but it's very annoying.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the factory backup camera:
At nighttime I have the dash lights turned all the way down because the NAV screen even in night mode is too bright.

When I go into reverse in this mode, the backup camera goes full brightness but will dim once you slightly turn the dimming knob, then it matches the brightness setting. It will always come on in "full brightness". It's probably a "feature" and not a "bug" but it's very annoying.

Yeah, I forgot about that one -- that really ticks me off too!!! It about blinded me again last night when I was backing into the garage... :cuss:

1BadPig

Reaction score
2. no express up and down all windows
Strange. In the US everybody complains about that and no US manufacturer has them.
Well, if you consider SAAB being a GM brand as US manufacturer, then yes GM has that feature.

My pet peeve is that the instrument cluster is so much brighter than the radio and DIC displays. So when I turn down the IP lights at night, the radio & DIC are very dim... but the problem comes in when it's daylight and the auto lights still come on (Why?) so the radio and DIC display is invisible. :confused:

slowwrench

Reaction score
Bridgestone tires...cut up a bit on the front at 8k miles.

Pushed a rock through the left front as well. Rotated tires but can't reset the TPMS ID codes. Goes into the Relearn Tire Positions but won't chirp horn when pressure let out or inflated into tire....BUt you can see that the system is working because the pressures will change. :crazy:

Volt meter drops to 9 volts after driving, but no apparent symptoms of volt drop, lights not dim, no performance issues. Bad gauge?:skep:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The recirc air will not work when the front defroster is on. This is a big pain in the a$$. This morning when all the diesel trucks and buses are on the road and I need the defroster.
My last car you could keep the recirc on all the time.

pokerDawg

Reaction score
I wish the front seats would recline all the way down. Hard to take naps upright.

d1369b

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post. I tried searching all over the forums to see if my question was already answered, but the forums are extensive!!!!!

to the point.....I bought a 2004 z71 tahoe today with the bose 6 disc changer audio system. Why do I only have custom and talk auto eq settings? The regular stereo has 5 or 6 for different types of music, but not the bose system?!?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my peave is how mad i get when someone said that their ford is better and more reliable. do any of us belive that bs. :mad: :mad: :cuss: :mad2: :mad2: :fu:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post. I tried searching all over the forums to see if my question was already answered, but the forums are extensive!!!!!

to the point.....I bought a 2004 z71 tahoe today with the bose 6 disc changer audio system. Why do I only have custom and talk auto eq settings? The regular stereo has 5 or 6 for different types of music, but not the bose system?!?

That's because bose sucks. Bose has great marketing, but everything they make is overpriced. Their home audio is an even bigger pile of garbage.
Anything they make has a competitor that makes a better product for less money.