Question for Those with Stock Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright for about a week now I have noticed that my autoride compressor keeps coming on. Its coming on every 10- 15 minutes if I am in stop and Go Traffic. But if I am in the HIghway I dont hear it coming on. Also, when I get home I shut off the truck and for about 2 minutes I can hear leaking air. But Im not sure if its the tires or the shocks or the compressor itself I cant tell from where it is exept that I can hear it. My truck right now is sitting on about 102k miles has anyone had these symptoms before or might have an idea. I dont have a check engine light or a ruff ryde or any issues with the truck itself exept I have started noticing the compressor and not sure if its just me or something is wrong. Thanks Guys!

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Chances are you have a worn out airshock. The rubber bladder that hold air could be ruptured causing the air compressor to come on quite frequently. You might want to look into this asap, you dont want to also have to replace your compressor.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, most likely you have a leaking shock. I just had mine replaced last week because of this. I had my pump replaced a few months back and then noticed the leaking. you dont want that pump to go so pull out the fuse for now and get it fixed asap. The dealer wants $550 a piece for the shocks but you can get them here www.arnottindustries.com for less than half that. I got all four from here and they work. Hope this helps some

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adjust your sensors all the way down or buy some rear shocks off ebay, sounds like one of the ballasts is leaking.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you go about adjusting the sensors Boost? I just got mine back from the shop with all new shocks and my pump is not working. I just got a new pump a month or so ago and the fuse is good. Could adjusting the sensors fix my problem? Thanks!

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool thanks guys Im going to have to do this soon, I noticed today that it leaks when I get off the truck or take weight off it.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump

Anybody know how to adjust the sensors on the autoride? Just had my shocks replaced and the pump isnt kicking in. the pump is only a month old also. And the fuse is still good. Thanks!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the rear wheels off and you'll see the links on the control arm, it has two rubber ends and a small diameter shaft between the two. Gently pull the end off one side of the shaft (I used needle nose pliers and a large flathead screwdriver). Twist the shaft out more until you have sufficient length (this is a bit of trial and error since every truck is different). Drop the truck on the ground and start it up to see if they're adjusted properly.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem dude! I have some extra material laying around if you snap one, hell I think I still have the stock links even.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys Im debating wether I should do this work myself or if I should take it to the stealership. if anyone could provide me with an idea how difficult this is 1 to 10 10 being the hardest. or any tips anything that can help please thanks