Quick question about diesels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its taken care of then Its no big deal. ESPECALLY FOR A DIESEL!!! The burban has 145k on it. Some rust on the under carrage but body is spotless. Was hased, but a good coat of was, electric buffer. Some paint restorer, and it looks brand new. Also the diesel and 2500s have the 4l80e tranny, so it lasts much longer as well, my tranny was rebuilt (about 25k miles ago) and it shifts better than the 07 with 8k miles on it. IM thinking about spending the coin and throwing a Gm crate 454 in there or i man just rebuilt the current 454. But im not sure, need to get in there and see the condition of the cylinder walls, pistons, cylinders, and the block it self. It they look good i will just rebuilt it and push the power from stock 300 to about 355 or even super charge the mo fo, Then get a BB tune and push that power even further. :thumbsup:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh yea.. i mean i have no problem taking the body off the frame and freaking media blasting it myself, but then again, i dont want to deal with that rust under there. it drives me off the walllll.. Id rather go out (no offense) but rather go out and buy a diff car with no rust. the rust is what changes my direction every time. i will still go and check it out tho once i come back into town. the leather seems pretty good for 180 thous miles on it. well well see..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oohh boy.. lol.. well happy halloween to you to.. lol.. how about you buy it for me.. lol

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there you go. drive over, whop some ass, then buy it for him as an "I'm sorry" gift.

lol

Sas, take your time on this dude. but dont sweat the deisel thing,. just work out that rust thing in your head. who knows... he might see your ride and piss his pants and start dropping cash all over the place while handing you the keys. maybe the underbody isnt that bad anyway... take your time.

the old dudes here can attest to this: You dont regret the things you did buy, but rather the opposite.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I regret buying my jeep. Still have not sold the damn thing but i wanted that suburban so bad. So i just dropped cash on it and will put it back in my money market when the jeep sells.

But dont take me seriously I just really like it and want to hear all about it. Do what you want. I personally really like it despite the milage. Diesels have a very VERY long life. I have seen some (chevy and ford) go to well over 6 and 800k miles. Still origional engine. Body was even in good shape too. But get it all strait in your head. Do some serious thinking, and then BUY IT as a What the hell type thing. LOL. Remember gas is coming down, including diesel. Paid 2.08 for reg today. Diesel was down to 313. :thumbsup:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im back into town, he just lowered the price i saw on his ad. He lowered it 100 bucks, im wondering if i could shoot him down some more or if i just wait it out. Im pretty sure no one around here knows the value of these things. But i still have no idea to myself the value of it, considering a 2door diesel? i remember someone saying its like 1% of all tahoes our there, but imean i cant find any statistics out there saying that? anyone have any info of that being right? thanks

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sas, maybe just buy it outright. this thing should only be about 1800$ from KBB. what is he asking $again?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the guy put it at 3895 now.. and thinking about it, i really dont want it anymore, perhaps if the price goes really down then ill be interested in it, but i cant afford the diesel gas and only getting about 6mpgs better then my truck right now for a dollar more.. its not worth it in my case. i might be going out and buying a 57 chevy from my godfather and restoring it.
Um but to treepete, my tahoe is on craigslist. i dont feel like advertising it and paying for it, im just gunna put it out at the street if anything.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try and talk him below 2k, if you do then jump on that thing like clinton on a play boy model. :thumbsup: