Random Chirp Under Dash While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

256David

Reaction score
I purchased a 2004 Chevy Tahoe z71 back in December. Added ford keys and bilsteins up front as well as HIDs and several other small mods.

Lately I have noticed a random chirping sound coming from under the drivers side of the dash. It seems to be brake related, but I havent narrowed that down for sure. It is very random as it will not happen on my short commute home from work, but maybe a commute across town. Sometimes it happens as I let off of the brake and sometimes it happens just driving straight down the road.

It is very annoying and I have no way to try and track the noise down in the driveway as it only happens while driving down the road.

Anybody ever experience anything like this?

thrasher

Reaction score
I have the same condition on my 2004 Avalanche Z71 4x4. The chirp (which sounds like it's coming form an electronic source) is often correlated with the release of the brake pedal - but not always.

Has anyone identified the source of the chirp and can share a solution?

Last edited: