Rear A/C fuses - under seat ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maswindell

Reaction score
I have 04 Tahoe with rear a/c that makes noise randomly. The under hood
fuse has been pulled so I assumed there would be no power going to the unit.
A/C still makes noise no rhyme or reason. I read in another forum that there are fuses under the passenger rear seat. Is this riight ? I have to use a scooter so I want to be sure I have to pull seat to disconnect fuses and power to unit. The only other idea is to pull panels over a/c unit and disconnect there, a big pain for me but doable. Thanks for any ideas. I also tried pulling ECC fuse but that controls liftgate lock but also rear a/c. Thanks GM

Deacon

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that there are fuses under the seat. Maybe in the panel that covers the post in the right rear that feeds the rear A/C. But I would be more inclined to believe it is the main fuse box, but not sure how GM wired the rear A/C units. Sorry, I am not much help. It just didn't equate to me.

Deacon

Reaction score
I should have asked - What kind of Noise? I am experiencing a Growling sound when I turn the key or the A/C off. It is coming from behind the cowling/paneling on the r/rear post.

maswindell

Reaction score
Rear a/c noise

The noise just shows up at random, main a/c off or on makes no difference.
while I was getting hip replaced and getting MRSA, the wife took the dealer and of course noise never happened. The main fuse was removed so power must be coming from main harness somewhere. I never use the rear a/c so I'll just have to pop panels and pull harness connectors - stupid design.

SteveCV

Reaction score
Possible Ride Control Compressor?

Is it possible the sound is coming from outside but sounds like it is coming from inside? My ride control compressor failed and made much more noise than usual, easily audible from inside even with the windows up. Just a thought.