Rear HVAC System - Nothing Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holikz

Reaction score
I believe that's the part your looking for and it's pretty cheap..... considering!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?a=G-partdescribe2

OK the link did not work the way I thought it would but do a PN search with 1581086 which I got from a TSB and look at that I believe that is the correct part.

Good luck!

The number 1581086 is for the front only...

http://cid-f523587822ea50ab.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/rear hvac cooling system.jpg

Here's where I'm having problems with, I went to the dealer and bought a new resistor (green arrow) because I thought that was the problem but still nothing, so I went and kept tracking why I still don't get any power to the blower motor (black arrow). I think it might be the harness/blower connector that connects the control module. :mad3:
Here's what's on the picture above:

Red Arrows: Main connectors - left side connector carries power only when vehicle is on and right side connector always has power.
Blue Arrow: Harness - possible damaged.
Green Arrow: Blower Motor Resistor - brand new
Black Arrow: Blower Motor - I checked it yesterday and it works.
Brown Arrows: Where it gets connected to. - I get very little to none volts on these three connectors.

If any have any idea please let me know...:confused:

After more detailed searching with the wires I found out that it was, the main wire harness and I was playing with it and the pins make bad connection for some reason; check the picture with red arrows. The thing now is the blows HOT air only when I mess with the connectors.

http://cid-f523587822ea50ab.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/connector.jpg

If someone knows where I can buy a replacement online please let me know.

thanks,

Last edited:

tekkitan

Reaction score
Well since the dealer said they would look at my rear air issue and fix it free if it wasn't an A/C problem, I let them do it finally.

They said it was the rear blower, but when they ordered one and replaced it, nothing worked still. After hours of troubleshooting, now they think it is some control module for it somewhere in the dash(???) and have ordered the part. They will be calling me this week once it is in. Hopefully I can get that all fixed and for free, you can't beat that. If they hold to their word and fix it, I definitely have a dealer in the Cleveland area to recommend to the locals :)

Holikz

Reaction score
Well since the dealer said they would look at my rear air issue and fix it free if it wasn't an A/C problem, I let them do it finally.

They said it was the rear blower, but when they ordered one and replaced it, nothing worked still. After hours of troubleshooting, now they think it is some control module for it somewhere in the dash(???) and have ordered the part. They will be calling me this week once it is in. Hopefully I can get that all fixed and for free, you can't beat that. If they hold to their word and fix it, I definitely have a dealer in the Cleveland area to recommend to the locals :)

Hey Tekkitan,
I'm still working on my rear a/c, I also believe is my aux control module but not sure 100% yet (working an the electrical connector from the modules) once you get yours fixed can you let me know what was exactly? I believe we have the same problem.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the heater in the rear?? The AC works and so does the fan, but when I crank up the heat, it still just blows cold air. Winters coming, and I have a new born, so the wife is on me to get this fixed.

CJR2

Reaction score
My '03 Tahoe hasn't had any rear blower for the last year. We had the blower off and on but now it's dead. So reading this post there is some module that's somewhere in the car that I should replace, but what and where is this mysterious module??

Is there a test procedure for this?

tekkitan

Reaction score

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this in a while. The dealer gave me the shaft pretty much. Kept calling and them not knowing what I was talking about, then telling me it's still on order and never calling me. I now despise all dealers :)

Rear air still isn't fixed.