Rear Windshield wire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSutton180

Reaction score
Only had my 07 tahoe a few months, but there are two wires on the upper corners of the rear window glass that appear to be glued onto the glass and tie into the rear defroster...they are "stretchy" like a telephone cord. One of them has come unglued from the glass...anybody else had this problem and have any suggestions on how to put it back on? while keeping the current running through it?? thanks

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might not have warranty (used '07 - owned for "few months").

That is one of the power tabs for the rear defroster lines. Havent heard of them separating on our trucks but anything is possible.

Try your auto parts store. They sell repair kits for broken/cracked lines as well as separated power tabs.

If they dont have it locally, go here: http://www.frostfighter.com/

http://www.frostfighter.com/prt2000.htm

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those things break off all the time. Mine haven't but from this forum sounds like the only fix is to replace the rear window. I've heard of some being soldered back on but it depends on the dealer you take it to.

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine broke off 2000 miles out if warrenty. I called my parts guy at the dealer to see how they were fixing them. He told me they call in a glass company to do it. I asked if he thought they would warrenty it he said I would need to bring it in. I called the glass company myself they told me it is usally only a temporary fix and eventually the window would need replacement. I am going to call my insurance company.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might not have warranty (used '07 - owned for "few months").
I've only had my '07 for a few months--bought it used--but it still has the full warranty. It doesn't hurt to get it checked out at the dealer and if they say it's not under warranty, at least you know what needs to be repaired and can get other estimates.

anti_rice

Reaction score
I've had that happen to me about 2 months ago. I brought it to the dealer and they fixed it by soldering it back. It took them less then 45 mins and I got my truck back. Under warranty.

Redline5004

Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine. 07 is my second Tahoe and it happened on my 00. Local class company has an epoxy to fix it but no guarantee. Mine's holding so far but those wires have a lot of pull.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me too, but it was still under warranty. Reported replacement is $800. Grab that coil cord at both ends, and pull on it good. It will take some of the tension out of it. You know....in my state (MA), there's $0.00 deductable on any auto glass surface if you have carry that coverage which runs a few bucks a year. Ya never know who'd want to break the rear window to take something they saw sitting in the wayback....:rolleyes: