relationship between radio output and interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk87brd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've a 99 Yukon SLT. Occasionally the radio does not produce sound when the vehicle is started. The radio display looks as though the radio is playing (or the CD) but no sound. If you open any of the vehicle doors the speakers now produce sound. Anyone ever run accross this?

Rick90467

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a sticky ignition switch in my Lincoln do something similar. But that is going to be a tough one. Is that the OEM deck?:confused2:

G/L

blk87brd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rick90467
I thought originally that it was ignition related, particularly to a couple of keys I had ground, not cut. I am taking the vin to a locksmith to get an origianal made and see if that is the problem. Yes, it is a oem deck.
When I open the door, just prior to hearing sound from the speakers, I hear a click noise from under the dash. I haven't figured out how to stand on my head with my head up under the dash and open the door to determine where the click comes from.
Regards
Blk87brd