removing badges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newto04hoe

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought a 04 Tahoe yesterday with a 4.8L.
I was wondering if there is any extra body work that needs to be done after you pull off the badges and the door moldings?

Also I had the dealer fix the gauges cause half of them weren't working. Now the DIC says Service Brake Booster. I hooked up a scanner to it and the code P0650 (indicator lamp error) is the only one that came up. Has anyone else had this problem and how can I fix it?
If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no work to do after you remove the badges/moldings. well, maybe a bit of buffing/polishing if you do a rush job like i did.

welcome to the site!

newto04hoe

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info. I guess I'll do that this weekend then.
I just talk to the dealer about the other issue and they are going to clear the code for me.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
i've been wanting to remove my badges since i got my tahoe, but cash has been too tight to send it to a shop, how are you guys removing badges?????

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a bunch of guys are using heat guns and fishing line. it's a really good way to get them off. if you don't have a heat gun, try substituting a blow dryer. hope that helps!

if youre strapped for cash, maybe think about paintin your bow tie, i think it adds a nice little personal touch, and it only costs about 15 bucks for sandpaper/paint/clear coat and about 2hrs,(which is mostly letting it dry between coats).

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just carefully pulled mine clear off and soaked the adhesive remainders with Clear Coat safe Bug and Tar remover for an hour and bam, it ame right off and paint/body is perfectly fine.

newto04hoe

Reaction score
I remove the badges off every car I own. Usually I use the heat gun a plastic scraper and goo gone. I'll have to try the fishing line, that probably works pretty good.
The reason I started this post is because I have a had a couple cars that had clips and/or pins in the body panels that had to be bondo'd. Just making sure that I didn't have that problem with the new rig.

notch8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, just gotta deal with the bitch that is double sided tape.