Replacing non chrome grille with LTZ Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitney036

Reaction score
Swampfoxviper, what is the part number for the chrome grille? I am looking to replace my grille with the same one you did, but not sure what the correct part number is.
Thanks!

hey yall. I just did a replacement of my old black stock grill with a LTZ chrome grill.. I actually just got this tahoe and have no prior experience working with tahoes or chevys for that matter..

The new chrome grill cost me bout 240 bucks on ebay. OEM part.

You will need:
1. socket wrench and 10mm socket
2. your bare hands
3. tough wrists.. they will get scratched up
4. Couple beers for during and after.

Time: 45 mins

First get all the top screws out, but keep them. My new grill didn't come with new ones.

2dkd2tg.jpg

Give it a little wiggle to loosen it up a bit.

Now you're gonna have to get the 2 speed nuts off the back of the bowtie.

KEEP them for when you put the new one in.

It will look like this back there when you get the nuts off.. You won't be able to see back there, so it's kind of a b to get them off. Just reach back there with your 10mm socket and wrech. It takes some wiggling around, but it will loosen. Just twist em off after that.
2lsh7jq.jpg

Now comes the longest part.. Basically you are gonna have to get the clips off the whole bottom row of the top section grill. The clips hold it in place. Don't get discouraged. Just work your way around and do some wiggling, but be careful. The black frame that is part of the front end of the tahoe is sensitive.

Here are pics of the clips.
2utnm6o.jpg

So now you've got the top section of the grill off. The bottom section sucks to get off, but your hands will have more room. Just work your way around and get all the clips. Just some wiggling and eventually it will all come off.. Here is pics of that process.
xdtuh5.jpg

dpbddg.jpg

14jq6ac.jpg

Now you're about home free.. When you push in the new grill sections, be careful to make sure you are including all the clips(check them), and on the top section make sure you look at all the guide pegs.. There are 3 of them on the top side of the top section and 2 of the sides of the top section, plus all the clips. ALSO!! DO NOT FORGET the three guide pegs in the back of the bowtie.

33m68g2.jpg

2ze9d78.jpg

52ni11.jpg

Now just give all sections a firm push and tug to make sure all clips are secure and nothing is missing.
Now push and twist the speed nuts on the back on the bowtie (kind sucks and hurts your fingers but just push em as far as you can and work them with your socket wrench).
Secure the top screws and you're all done!

2mds01j.jpg

Hope this helps! Grab a cold beer after and all works out.