Rock Chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's a little late, but I intend on fixing the rock chips after I get mud flaps. Can I fix these myself? There are several on the rear fascia, luckily it's only on one side. TIPS?

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's a little late, but I intend on fixing the rock chips after I get mud flaps. Can I fix these myself? There are several on the rear fascia, luckily it's only on one side. TIPS?

If you want it done so it looks factory you'll end up bringing it to a reputable body shop. They'll sand out chips, prime it and refinish the panel. If you plan on doing yourself by touching it up then the color will dictate how it will look, also the amount of chips to be touched up. My experience in the business is most individuals tend to get carried away when touching up themselves. Try to keep paint in area of chip and not too much outside the perimeter. Be patient and sensible , it'll look good if you choose this avenue of repair..:)

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leary is right, looks like the whole premise of it is "blending" the paint in... with what, paint thinner I suppose? Wouldn't that be somewhat alright except that you're also blending in the clear coat?

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leary is right, looks like the whole premise of it is "blending" the paint in... with what, paint thinner I suppose? Wouldn't that be somewhat alright except that you're also blending in the clear coat?

I'm glad you chimed in........I wanted to blow it out of the water , but hesitated...lol. Being in the business I have a good idea of what that system will produce. A trip to the body shop......!!!