Running amp power wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, I didnt think of that. I ran 8 ga thru there.
umm yeah, if you drill thru that general area near the grommet, the cool part is that it dump right onto the floor in the passesger seat area. then run it thru the kick panel and your good to go.

Sweet, that's the exact info that I needed.

Hardwarz

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend drilling from within the cab, it will insure you get the exact placement that you are looking for.

I will have to take a look at mine, I found an existing grommet in my firewall that fits 0 guage.

Last edited:

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a pics where i drilled for my power wire and a water tight electical
connector i got at home depot $3.00.i had to get under the yukon
so you can see where it is. it`s on the driver side a little below

the steering wheel boot. oh and a pic of the dash

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 32

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a factory CD player where you have that pocket. Is that a factory pocket?

Where you drilled the wire, where did it come out at in the interior? By the gas pedal?

Hardwarz

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats the factory CD delete pocket.
I got mine from the dealership, and it was 17.99$. it slides right in perfectly. and is quite deep. I like it.

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah it comes under the steering wheel boot on the fire wall. i will do a pick

of it. i just have to take the carpet up out the way.

and the map pocket i got it out of the junk yard free i put it my
pants. as you can see it's very useful.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could have saved yourself a few bux.. and had it today or tomm. if you would have went to the Parts dept. at your local dealership.. they should have them in Stock..

I got mine from the dealership - i belive it was about the same price treepete got his for

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my Dual Batt.. 1600 CCA 2000 CA, - that Blue circle there is my Amp Power Wire Fuse

how hard is it to run the dual batteries bro? whats involved? send me a pm and tell me how to get this done. I have a 97 with the extra battery holder in place but no wiring. Thanks

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how hard is it to run the dual batteries bro? whats involved? send me a pm and tell me how to get this done. I have a 97 with the extra battery holder in place but no wiring. Thanks

me 2! i need to remember to pick up the second battery tray next time im at the junk yard though. i have the storage box right now.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just need to run an isolator and wire them up together
dual_battery_setup.jpg

JK posted a thread for the nbs trucks but the same principle applies
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=2321
I rewired all the power leads and grounds (big3) and never had any issue running 1400wrms in my limited. 1/0 for all the underhood stuff and 2awg to all three amps and the lights wouldn't dim even when I had it turned up like an idiot. I also noticed an increase in mileage (20mi/tank) after all the new wiring underhood. Found a writeup for the obs trucks too
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...1&prev=/images?q=dual+battery&um=1&hl=en&sa=G
You won't need the extra battery unless you're over 1500w constant load, otherwise I think the big 3 and a yellowtop will do just fine.

thefett

Reaction score
Thanks...

just found this forum and installed a set of subs in my 99 yukon
thanks for the info everyone.

Fresh24Seven

Reaction score
Installing my power wire right and I wanted to check the forum first to see where everyone was running their wire, whats this big 3 you speak of sir? TIA