Running Boards Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the automatic running boards on my LTZ. Well I actually turn them off because I just can't stand the sound it makes when I close my door. But eventhough they're off I still hear a little sound that kind of sounds like the motor to that. Is it related to the running boards or might it be something else? Anyone else had this problem before?

sdoo25

Reaction score
It may be the fuel pump priming or the air suspension, when do you hear this noise? We had our power boards turned off for a while and I didn't notice any noises.

Tom

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be the fuel pump priming or the air suspension, when do you hear this noise? We had our power boards turned off for a while and I didn't notice any noises.

Tom

It only comes on after all the doors are closed. It sounds like the motor to the running boards only slightly more quiet than when they are turned on to go in and out.

sdoo25

Reaction score
It only comes on after all the doors are closed. It sounds like the motor to the running boards only slightly more quiet than when they are turned on to go in and out.

Interesting. I'll keep an ear out for when we close our doors to see if ours does it too.

Playa70

Reaction score
I also have the power running boards and may have the same noise, I can hear a noise inside after I turn the car off that sounds like a cd player is repeatedly trying to read a cd, even if there is no cd in the radio. The noise isn't necessarily coming from the radio either, I can't tell where it's coming from.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the power running boards and may have the same noise, I can hear a noise inside after I turn the car off that sounds like a cd player is repeatedly trying to read a cd, even if there is no cd in the radio. The noise isn't necessarily coming from the radio either, I can't tell where it's coming from.

When I turn off the car and the factory nav radio is still on and set in auxilary mode for the ipod, I can hear a slight whistle coming out of it. I don't know if maybe that's what you're getting.

randyp

Reaction score

Everytime I get into the vehicle I can hear the Nav CD spin up. This is even before putting the key in.
I thought it was a "feature" to get a head start on loading the Nav system. I assumed it takes a bit to get going.

BTW; I have the power running boards on my Denali and with them turned off (via the dash) I don't hear anything coming from under the vehicle.

mkim1120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime I get into the vehicle I can hear the Nav CD spin up. This is even before putting the key in.
I thought it was a "feature" to get a head start on loading the Nav system. I assumed it takes a bit to get going.

BTW; I have the power running boards on my Denali and with them turned off (via the dash) I don't hear anything coming from under the vehicle.

i also get this sound
its like "zip zip zip zip"
i meant to take it to the dealership to get it checked but i been too busy