seats are messing with airbag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acworld

Reaction score
Tahoe 2005 LS

I installed leather seats from a silverado and they didn't have the same wiring. So my airbag light came on. I ended up selling my old seats before I figured it was the seat harness was different so i bought a seats from ebay because I wanted to get my car to pass inspection and use the harness wires. Well this didn't work either. The light is still on and i don't know what to do.

1.Does anyone have the wiring set up for the seats ? Maybe i can splice and wire these correctly so the light goes off.

2. Is there any way I can just turn this light off to pass inspection? I have temp tags that will expire so if i could turn the light off get it inspected and then fix this problem when i have more money to deal with this.

Do I need to go to the dealer and just buy 2 front seats and call it a day?

Please help !!!:hlp:

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can assume that because the airbag light came on, the tahoe seats you removed had side airbags. Silverado's dont come with side airbags. The second set of seats what were they out of?

As for going to the dealer and ordering 2 new seats, Thats really going to be alot of money. I dont think you can buy the whole thing as an assembly just to bolt in, they might come in piecesthat you have to put together and I can tell you that will be Freaking expensive.

What state you in?

John

acworld

Reaction score
I can assume that because the airbag light came on, the tahoe seats you removed had side airbags. Silverado's dont come with side airbags. The second set of seats what were they out of?

As for going to the dealer and ordering 2 new seats, Thats really going to be alot of money. I dont think you can buy the whole thing as an assembly just to bolt in, they might come in piecesthat you have to put together and I can tell you that will be Freaking expensive.

What state you in?

John

I'm in DC.

Naw the seats didn't have side airbags?? I originally took it to the dealer and they just said that the passenger side had a different plug on it. so I bought a junkyard seat that came out of a tahoe and it looked like it had the same plug. I plugged it up disconnected the battery still the light came back on.

I don't know what to do. Do you have any suggestions

BLACK_DENALI

Reaction score
I'm in DC.

Naw the seats didn't have side airbags?? I originally took it to the dealer and they just said that the passenger side had a different plug on it. so I bought a junkyard seat that came out of a tahoe and it looked like it had the same plug. I plugged it up disconnected the battery still the light came back on.

I don't know what to do. Do you have any suggestions

The passenger seat had a scale in the seat that weighs the passenger I think 70lbs is the cut off, to enable, disable the passenger air bag. You need to find out if the new seats have that scale first and go from there.