Second row seat stuck on 2001 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueOrbit

Reaction score
The left side of the second row seat back support is stuck in the upright position. It will not move down after the buttom cushion is tilted up behind the back of the driver seat. Anyone know how to get it to function properly?

Thanks...

schuck

Reaction score
This happened to mine as well. The problem is that the cable that trips the release has become stretched. Look down by the hinge of the bottom of the seat when it is in the flipped position. You should see a cable that goes to the bottom of the back of the seat. What I did, was move the flipped seat back towards it's normal position to relax the cable, remove the cable from the hinge area and tie a little knot in the cable. Now re-insert the cable in the hole and it should work just fine.

Steve

BlueOrbit

Reaction score
Thanks, that fixed the problem. Dealer wanted to charge $140 to replace the streched cable...

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is stuck in the down position, so i can't really get to the cables... any idea how i can get it up (no jokes...) so i can check out the cables??