Service Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a service manual for my '01 Tahoe.

Any recommendations? I know there's a guy on eBay selling one on a CD, wondering if anybody has seen these, and if they're any good.

Haynes etc is NOT what I'm looking for....

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the CDs on eBay, too, and have wondered if they're worth the money. I want to get a good service manual, but I just don't have a couple hundred bucks to drop on it! One thing that appeals to me about them is that you can print out the pages you need, and you don't have to worry about getting grease & crap all over them. Hope someone here has some experience with them.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 3 volume manuals from ebay for 50 bucks so they were not that expensive :)

cd is the way to go ..these suckers are about 8" thick

lskipper

Reaction score
I got mine info from AllData DIY. It costs about 24.95 (if I remember correctly). It wasn't much more than buying a Chiltons or Haynes manual and the info comes from GM.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine info from AllData DIY. It costs about 24.95 (if I remember correctly). It wasn't much more than buying a Chiltons or Haynes manual and the info comes from GM.

x2 but the info from chiltons and haynes come from the service manuals and converted to user friendly information .

Also you gotta be carefull with alldata i use it myself and i have found many times the information not relating to my truck with the flex fuel it according to alldata my does not exist .

lskipper

Reaction score
True that. I have a flex fuel and alldata does not list the fuel filter even though it is there next to frame rail. But then again, Haynes recommends using a strap wrench to the remove the cooling fan rather than using the special GM tool. Go figure.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True that. I have a flex fuel and alldata does not list the fuel filter even though it is there next to frame rail. But then again, Haynes recommends using a strap wrench to the remove the cooling fan rather than using the special GM tool. Go figure.

True to that ! :)