SES Light Replacement. Procedure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed my SES light doesn't come on when you start the truck, expecting it needs a new bulb put in it. Basically can anyone run through how to get this cluster out, get to the bulb, and any other key points to doing it?

Basically the procedure after the trim ring is pulled off.

only asking because its gonna get done in the dark on top of the nice icy weather we have returning. I'd hate to break any brittle cold plastic if i can avoid it.:nonod:

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced all my bulbs on my cluster. Basically take off the trim ring, then unscrew the 4 bolts aroudn the cluster with a socket and it will pop off. Then unplug the cluster and you've got it in your hands, just unscrew each bulb and replace as necessary

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
know what # the bulbs are offhand? was just coing to take the ABS light out since its on all the time with the regear, but might as well replace the burnt one.

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya they are the 194's. really simple to replace. well actually it sucked a little bit trying to get the bulbs out of the socket...

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya them bulbs suck. i end up breaking them everytime. lol. found the best way for me is to use the needle nose pliers that bend with a 90 degree angle and very lightly pull up on the bulb.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good ole battle scars. lol same with the lisence plate lite bulbs. fun stuff!!

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hah i forgot about those bulbs. couple years ago those exploded all over my face lmao

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol. they got me cussing rite in front of the neighbors little boy!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow. this sounds like its going to be a bunch of fun...

thats for the Info. hopin to have a chance to tackle it after work tomorrow, (before it gets dark)

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol it's not that bad. it would have taken a shorter amount of time if i hadn't been so fascinated/amused with moving the speedometer by turning it upside down

99yukon123

Reaction score
all mine are going out in my dash so i'll need to replace mine soon lol

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i have one out where my fan control is for the blower motor. never did light up since i bought the truck.
funny thing with the 'eject' and one other button (forget which one) but whenever i turn the lights on to make the interior lights illuminate, those two buttons never light up until i smack the bottom of the dash, and then they stay lit until i turn off the truck, and go to turn my lights on again. lol