Shipping options for tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They want like 400 buck to ship four rims and tires... Any idea how do this for MUCH cheaper?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Not sure of a cheaper option other than picking them up yourself. How is it being shipped, and from where to where? I paid $300 from Cali to Tx. for 3-day UPS ground, each package (ea. wheel/tire) weighing 90 lbs.

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just shipped 4 20" wheels with tire mounted from northern PA to FL for $125 via fedex... $400, tell em to go f themselves!! I personally hate when soem of those places try to make lots of $$$ on escalated shipping charges!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yea, that is high. Sorry, but I don't know of any other option unless you call around and choose your own shipping co. I had to go that route once when I had a complete sbc engine shipped to me from an out of state speed shop. They wanted so much for shipping, so I asked if I could have another shipping company of my choice go by and pick it up. A lot cheaper, even with insurance.

01 suburban ls

Reaction score
If you ship them as individual "packages" the cost will be higher. Do it as a "shipment" of four equal packages. The cost will be less.

You also might want to look into trucking companies and even Greyhound as other options.

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ship them as individual "packages" the cost will be higher. Do it as a "shipment" of four equal packages. The cost will be less.

You also might want to look into trucking companies and even Greyhound as other options.

ACTUALLY, that depends on the carrier. Fedex used to discount shipments containing multiple pieces, now it is solely based upon the declared value of the shipmet. The shipment I quoted above, I sent four wheels and tires, 1 at a time for just over $100. IF I would've sent them together as multiple pieces of the same shipment, it would have cost me about $125. This was based upon the TOTAL declared value. I said each was valued at $100. They would've had surcharged for the $400 vlaue if sent together.

MAKE SENSE?!?!:iq: :iq: