Should i murder it out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screamin86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im debating on murdering out my 03 yukon xl i got a black gmc emblem coming and niteshades to do my tails im gona remove side molding when it gets warmer and am getting a grill from a friend to paint so i can keep my stocker if i wanna go back stock. i plan to put the 05-06 chin spoiler on and paint match that and lower valance but my question mainly is what to do with the front bummper. i dont want to paint over the chrome or powdercoat it. the rear i know i can can get caps for but im having trouble finding them. ide like to keep this style front end rather than going with a denali bumper. any ideas or opinions. i will be running the polished stock wheels for awhile though so it will not be 100% done right away. i hope within the next year to have it completely done to the way i want it. any ideas or opinions on my doing this are apreciated

screamin86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the best picture i can find that shows its current state

HPIM0325.jpg

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont have to use a denalli bumper cover, there are others out there, lots of options.

street scene
0604tr_02_z+2001_custom_gmc_yukon+left_side.jpg

7138420004_medium.jpg

this one is just kinda out there for me. to much like rice!
00_yukonplatinumfront-03.jpg

screamin86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i do lie the style of the stock bumper just dont want to cover my nice stock bumper with paint

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the "murdered-out" look is fading away! Too many people are doing it but that's just me...:shhh:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wtf is murdered out? Sh*t is getting old, I just like driving an all black truck cuz it looks clean when tastefully done. I say roof rack delete, sway bars, brakes, and a 3/4 drop. Then stack your loot for some nice clean 20s or 22s
moonshine.jpg

I think it would look ill leveled with 33" toyos on some of these too
mXD7662.jpg

oh and if I see that last bumper on anyone's truck here I'll drive to your house and murder you in your sleep, that is just hideous :puke:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol coming from a guy who murdered his own out
My truck isn't murdered out, it's black, and I've been rolling clean black gm suvs for a minute. If I bought a red tahoe and put black wheels on it with a red lip that would be murdered out. Chrome wheels still look better 90% of the time.

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck isn't murdered out, it's black, and I've been rolling clean black gm suvs for a minute. If I bought a red tahoe and put black wheels on it with a red lip that would be murdered out. Chrome wheels still look better 90% of the time.

agreed. if black on black isn't done right it looks like crap.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like contrast personally... regardless of color... i do like boosts set up as it is pretty well done but still a little to much or one color for me thought.

Given its current state... either remove the roof rack of add a chrome&black esky roof rack. Paint the front bumper valance and add some nice big fat juicy chrome rims!

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like the look of the stock bumper,then why dont you powder coat it? IS it because you might change your mind and want to go back to chrome bumper?

screamin86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes thats exactly it i may decide i dont want to go that way and put the chrome one back on. i plan on a 2/3 drop in the near future exhaust in the next month or so. along with painting the lower valance once i get the chin spoiler. i do like contrast but i do like the way these suvs look blacked out if done right. all ive everdriven for anyvehicle ive had has been white or black in the one exception of a blue pickup for a few months. ive been debating on it for awhile just want more opinions before i decide to do it.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure that it wont be difficult to trade someone out for a chrome bumper if you get sick of the black one.

o3yukonxl

Reaction score
What I've done.

About the same progress as mine. I bought a steel bumper, welded plate holes and payed the shop to spray the front. Harsh climate here, so I took the plunge ( $$$ ) and covered it all w/ the 3M clear bra. First post: don't know how to add pic, but I have in my album.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for it! I like o3yukonxl's bumper thats clean and or the pic in the link you posted I'd go with that as well!

screamin86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o3yukonxl that front bumper looks nice. i have to keep my front plate though ive already been hasseled about that when i had my 98 camaro. if you dont mind me asking about how much did you give for your front bumper? ive got my headlights cleared and clear markers in already too:) this is the first vehicle ive had that ive done much cosmetic work to usualy its all about go fast/functional for me.