So got screwed w/ an escalade hood *pics*

Keep it on or try and sell/trade it?

• Sell that sh*t!

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Leave it on!

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pilot brandon

Reaction score
Just had this hood painted and repaired (it was shipped damaged) cost me $350. After hanging it, we closed it and it felt like i was raped then and there:eek: it sticks out like 1.5"-2" and then we realize that that f***** is for an escalade. Anyway after looking at it today it might not be so bad to keep it on. No one else has that so it truly is one of a kind. BUT at the same time it doesnt match up, it looks like a visor for my grill haha. So anyway I wanted some input and maybe some help on my decision. Thanks guys

ps i know there is no bumper, i'm waiting on new brackets to mount my fresh bumper. (caused a little pile up)

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can it be trimmed and possibly rolled cuz the hood is awesome but with it stickino out like that its just gonna be laughable

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe, now THAT is some ram-air. But seriously, I would try and go to a body shop and see if they can modify it and just cut and roll it back and mold it to fit your vehicle's front end.

Boarsheadburban

Reaction score
I think the labor involved with making it fit will exceed the price of replacing it with the right hood.
Not to mention, the cowl scoop area goes well into the front portion, where the mod would have to be made.

Last edited:

Rick90467

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a sharp looking hood, hopefully there is an escalade owner out there that will give you enough for it.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've taken a couple autobody classes, and unless your doing the work yourself to fix the hood or know someone hwo will do it for next to nothing, your going to spend alot more on trying to mod that one to work instead of just buying a cowl hood for a tahoe.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude. I'm interested.. It looks like it would fit the 99. PM me with your price and Ill see if I can fit it into the budget. Im actually surprised you went with that one. there are some cool ass hoods available for the 99 regular-style. the denali and escalade are the only ones that will accept that hood.

you could probably handle this yourself if you just bust out the escalade/denali front clip.

pilot brandon

Reaction score
Sorry guys i don't get enough time on my computer. i will get pics of the underside for you pete. I'm going to take it to a few body shops so seling it or keeping it depends how much they want for the work.