Space efficient sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well said trail fiend. i think the sound quality is important but i also want major spl, so i choose jl. their subs run variable impedence which is an industry bench mark. the amp circuitry constantly monitors impedence and varies it from 1-3ohms to keep the rms power @ whatever is posted on the front of the amp. (in my case 1000w x 1 channel). the true test of a system must be done with a bass cd that has different tracks of different hertz. the jl systems i have tested almost always reproduce every track thus the entirety of possible bass frequencies in any song. test a kicker or an orion and u will see what brand is better. my orion 10" was just as loud as my jl 13.5" but the jl was much more crisp and almost sounded deeper when it hit a deep bass not. the orion was flappy and just plain loud. most of that stemmed from the fact that the orion was in a ported box and the JL in a sealed. but i bet the jl wouldn't sound so sloppy in a ported box because they are made with such high quality. u get what u pay for

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score