special edition tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99TAHOE22'S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAN I want you of those bad I might have to check my coffe can and see what I can come up with ...lol

Limited00

Reaction score
I'm loving the hoe right now=] I always wanted a limited and it took me 3 years to get one! It's a very nice upgrade from the other car I "Got Rid Of" 2000 Lincoln LS v8. I still need to know where I can find that Uncut rear piece, (The one with the exhaust pipe going through it)

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd look at getting different housings if you buy hids, the stockers will look kinda goofy unless you point them downward. I rewired the headlight harnesses and just used piaa extreme white bulbs and it was plenty bright. I was gonna buy these housings from a vendor we carry called roadmax
Z80644300.jpg

Only ones I could find that looked kinda stock and seemed hid compliant. To quote another guy from the t-type buick forums:

The TAHOE LIMITED is another one of Jon Moss's creations. He got the idea of this "SUV" when it was announced that the "Impala SS" was to be discontinued in 1996.

The "SUV" was suppose to be named the "TAHOE SS" when Jon Moss introduced it at the Detroit Auto Show in 1997. The concept for this SUV was well accepted BUT company politics slowed the production even though is was accepted just as well as the "Impala SS"

The Main problem with this SUV was the name. Insurance rates are already high for SUV's in the states and the addition of the "SS" badging on the Tahoe made it even higher. After many months of debating and scheming, the "TAHOE SS" was renamed the "Tahoe Limited". Production was announced to begin in early spring of 1999 ... WITH A CATCH!!! To make this SUV a true collector amongst the "SS" fanatics, only aprroximately 7500 units were to be manufactured. ALSO, only 1 unit was to be sold for every 3 dealerships nationwide. As of November 2000, Chevrolet still has not released the exact production numbers for the Limited's. These Tahoe's were specially equipped. ALL Limited's are monotone ONXY Black in color and were offered exclusively as 4 door 2WD models. The L31 Vortec 350 cu. in. small block V-8 produces 255 hp. and 330 ft-lbs. of torque @2800 rpm and was tweaked and optimized to 130+ mph. Special 2 tone leather interior with power driver's seat. The custom one off aluminum alloy wheels were produced by "Ronal Wheel" and are 16"x7.5" in size. Other special equipment includes: factory transmission oil cooler, engine oil cooler, increased cooling capacity, "Z56" suspension / performnace package (police and law enforcement use only), 46mm Bilsten shocks, front and rear sway bars (taken from the "Z71" Tahoe 4x4), heavy duty performance enhanced chassis, HD 4 wheel anti-lock brakes, front disc / rear drum (taken from the Suburban), color matched monotone front/rear bumpers and front grill, special ground effects, integrated bumper mounted fog lights, privacy black out window treatment, auto dimming/heated side view mirrors, deluxe sound insulation and "Limited" badging. The roof rack, body side moldings and tow hooks were both factory deleted items.

The only optionpackage available was the "Comfort and Security Package" "code ZM9". This option included carpeted front/rear floor mats, rear air conditioning, 46mm Bilsten shocks, heated driver's and front passenger's seats, power passenger front seat, reversible cargo mat, heated electrochromatic exterior mirrors and a Homelink 3-channel transmitter.

All the Limited's were produced in the same Arlington, Texas assembly plant as the Cadillac Escalade and the GMC Yukon Denalli (all carryover models for 2000), Chevrolet concocted the "Z71" and Limited to appeal to buyers who liked the "old style" better than the new, and to take up some slack in the production schedule while the Texas plant prepared to change over to the redesigned Caddy and GMC. Unfortunately if you like what you see here, 2000 was your only chance to snag one.

They also came with 3.42 gears and a power steering cooler due to the police package. I still want to buy one of these trucks, love this body style :cheers:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would only run a single exhaust on these, I had duals out the back when I bought it and they sounded terrible. The magnaflow catback (black of course) and cats made it sound burly as hell and people would definitely hear you coming.

Limited00

Reaction score
Well boost, after reading the biography on my limited, I believe I have the "Code ZM9". I have all of the features stated previously! I'm a proud owner of this beast=]

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wouldn't look too bad but I'd drop the cash on some nicer ones. I looked at alot of headlights for these trucks and alot of them are cheaply made, the black housing headlight look kinda takes away from the front end on these trucks too I'd just get some good projectors that look stock and have them smoked. Just my opinion tho, I'm sure the truck will look good with whatever you get :Chevy:

Kontohoe

Reaction score
What's goin on tahoe ppls lol? I'm new to the chevy world. Recently I just purchased a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited, the same Tahoe Limited that Sasquatch904 posted in the 2nd Picture. I drove out to Fort Worth to get it after I bought off eBay!!! Thoroughly pleased I might add:thumbsup:. I'm wondering how to get the daytime running lights to only come on when I turn the knob/switch and not run all day. Can anyone help me?

One "click" on the parking brake keeps my daytime running lights off on my '98Yukon and '99 Tahoe.

LimitedHoe

Reaction score
Not Limited?

Okay so I'm a newbie to the site and the Tahoe. I recently bought an 05 Tahoe. At the time I knew nothing about the limited. I read that the limited was only a 2000 offer. However, everything about my 05 says Limited. Is it an imposter? No roof rack, monochromatic black, all the limited badges, the cluster even says limited. So does the exhaust tip. It seems to have every option the Limited does. But, it's 4WD, it does not have 2 tone leather or a sun roof.. What's up?

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't Joe Gibbs Performance Super Charged Limited Edition Chevy Tahoe is it?

Na, i really can't find any other 05 tahoes that say limited on em

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no clue about whether it is some other special edition, or if it is modified by someone else before you owned it, but the actual "Tahoe Limited" is an old body style 2000 Chevy Tahoe 4dr with 2wd. I don't think it says "limited" on the guage cluster or on the exhaust.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'm a newbie to the site and the Tahoe. I recently bought an 05 Tahoe. At the time I knew nothing about the limited. I read that the limited was only a 2000 offer. However, everything about my 05 says Limited. Is it an imposter? No roof rack, monochromatic black, all the limited badges, the cluster even says limited. So does the exhaust tip. It seems to have every option the Limited does. But, it's 4WD, it does not have 2 tone leather or a sun roof.. What's up?

It sounds like an interesting vehicle! Post some pics! Although I agree that is must not be a true Tahoe Limited since production so far has been restricted to only the 2000 model year. Post some pics and we will be able to help identify what kind of vehicle you have.

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There is a nearby dealer that had a bunch of those "Limited" Tahoes. My belief was that it was a dealer installed package.

Edit:
Looks like it was a Regency conversion.
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/163_0508_2005_chevrolet_silverado_rst/price.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/714457826.html

Last edited:

LimitedHoe

Reaction score
There is a nearby dealer that had a bunch of those "Limited" Tahoes. My belief was that it was a dealer installed package.

Edit:
Looks like it was a Regency conversion.
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/163_0508_2005_chevrolet_silverado_rst/price.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/714457826.html

Ahhhhaaa! That is exactly what I've got. I also found a brochure for the 2005 Regency Tahoe on Ebay. ( I bought it)
I'll post some pics as soon as I can.
Thanks for your help!

stkr

Reaction score
I have one for sale, Just resprayed in factory black. Flowtech headers, New carpet. New fuel pump. Make an offer