Testing DL3 Mirrors???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some DL3 mirrors of ebay. Is there anyway to test them out without installing them.

Which pins control what on the harness? Can 12v be applied to all of them?

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better yet, is there anyway to remove mirror cover without breaking the tables off??

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the product is but I would bet that you could indeed put 12v to it and it would be okay. If you want to play safe you could test the wires that will feed to it when installed, see if they show full voltage. But you should be fine; if you're talking about functions like folding and heating those things would use full voltage I'm sure.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already working on them. I broke the clips pulling off the mirror cover on one already. I have one more to practice on before I need to be careful with the ones that I are on my car now.

I could not get any functions to work trial by error with the harnesses. But was able to locate powerfold motor. The motor has one blue and one yellow wire with connector that goes to it. Remove this connector and 12v and ground will opporate power fold. Reverse the polarity and the mirror will do the opposite directions.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would practice on ones you don't need if possible first. I was able to open the bottom half of the mirrors and then take off the caps which made it alittle easier. I think you are suppose to push down on the top of mirror cap and pull it back and away gently. Then work the bottom half off.

Good Luck.
I attached two pictures that may help you in deciding your approach.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 20

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you buy them for? Turn Signals, Powerfold? You can keep them and just not use the puddle lamps, you won't even know they are there.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then it is probably not worth selling them. They will work perfectly just pluging them in without programming.