the dreaded autotrac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont believe my 99 2dr 4x4 tahoe has autotrac. i'm in iraq, otherwise i woulda taken it to a dealership and have it checked. so, i have 2 questions:
1. i've looked around, and the only info i could find is, is that is has the push button gear selector. i have the floor shifter, and thats it. any other ways to tell?
2. if i end up NOT having autotrac, are there any 6" sus lifts available? the only lifts i found for tahoes w/out autotrac are 3 up front, and 4 in the back.

thanks in advance

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 96 2door has the button selector but does not have autotrack. Procomp has a 6" lift avaliale for the non-autotrac tahoe/yukons. its listed on www.4wheelparts.com but you have to search for it. If you can't find it, call up rick at the indianapolis store.

i had them install it (indianapolis, IN store) and i've very happy with it. running 35x12.50's on 16x10" rims, with minimum rub on the factory running boards up front (needs trimmed)

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the inside of your glovebox door, there's a list of codes that tells you what options are on your vehicle. These are called RPO codes. There's a list here:

http://www.c2e.info/rpocodes/

It's sometimes difficult to determine what the option really means from the code description, but I think the code for autotrac is NP8.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are they arranged any particular way, or randomly listed? In other words, do you just search through all those 3 digit codes on the sticker until you see NP8?

Nevermind, I asked before looking at the sticker. After looking at it closely, I see that they are arranged alpha-numerically.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your push button 4x4 has a button that says "Auto", then bingo you got auto trac. if not, u don't