The XM Shuffle - Redux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VF1000R

Reaction score
Phone Call from XM

XM: Hello Mr New Tahoe Owner, would you like to set up your account for the next year.
Me: Why yes I would.
XM: OK , that will be 142.50 ,Which CCard ?
Me: Oh , I have a Code for 77.00
XM: Sir, that's for 6 months only.
Me: No Sir, I just did this on my other New vehicle, and it's for a year. Go Check my account.
XM: Let me Check
XM: Uh, yes Sir, we can do that for a year , but there is a 2.00 fee.
Me: NO there is not, I have the bill from the first vehicle, paid last month and it's 77.00 Flat.
XM: Uh let me Check
XM: OkSir, we can do that but we have to put you on a roll over plan.
Me: No you don't , no roll Over Plan, Set the account to expire in 1 year
XM: Uh , let me check
XM: Sir we cant Do that
Me: That's Incorrect Sir, I have the agreement in my hand for my other vehicle from last month and it expires in 1 year.
XM: Uh let me check
XM: Sir, you got that deal from your dealership and we can't do that .
Me: NO, my dealer had nothing to do with the subscription on the other vehicle. Either give me the 1 year subscription, at 77.00 and send me a bill or let's just hang up.
XM: Sir, we can't do that.
Me : BYE !

Followup :)

I call XM tonight

Me: Hello my 90 day trial is about to end and I want to get a 1 year subscription.
XM: yes, sir , I see you have another vehicle , how about we combine accounts ? We can give you the Family plan Rate
Me: Sure, how much ?
XM: 84.00
Me: Oh, I have the Code, 77.00 for a year
XM: Oh Ok Sir, 77.00 1 year, send you a bill ?
Me: Yes thank you !

WHAT a CROCK. The ONLY reason I'm subscribing is that I will not have a feature on my vehicles that does not work. I'm really going to love it for the OnStar :(

ChacHoe

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to resubscribe to XM when I get back. I wonder if I can deal with them to give me some discount.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told them I had Sirius suctioned cupped to the windshield, and they suddenly had a 6 month subscription for $4.95 a month...... Now I have both. :)

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I have been a long time XM fan, but I must say I am dis enchanted at the way the company is being run right into the ground as it has almost been 7 years and still no profit, tell me how long can a business go and not show a profit, not only that, they over pay for talent with money they don't have.

AlecThigpen

Reaction score
I had a similar experience to the first post with the XM rep. They wanted to charge me the full amount even though I had XM on a Lexus, and on a Garmin GPS, complete with weather package. They insisted for over 30 minutes that I didn't have a base subscription and despite repeated requests to be bumped up to a supervisor, the rep just kept repeating that the supervisor would only tell me the same thing, and she didn't want to waste my time further by having me hold for the supervisor. I informed her that it was my time to waste and I would hold. After another 10 minutes she came back on, still no supervisor and finally admitted that the weather package WAS the base XM radio package as well and I could get my Yukon XL set up for the multi price of $7 a month.

Why do they make it so hard for us to give them our business?? Why do I have to get angry with them before they do the right thing? We have fostered a society of idiots in the consumer products and services business.

I am so glad to know how important our business is to the companies who can't even answer the phone with a half-brained human being instead of a painfully slow machine! People are far more efficient in routing a call than any machine ever designed for that purpose.

Good Evening, XM radio, how may I direct your call?

Subscriptions dept. please.

One moment, please.

Hello, this is Rick, how may I help you?

HOW HARD IS THAT????? We all know the other way where you have to listen to the following 8 options after selecting English or Spanish and being told how important we are.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
No they haven't merged yet and their lame pricing has it set up that you will need a whole new radio to get all of XM and SIRIUS together, which screws the consumer as what if I wanted XM and SIRIUS in my Tahoe, then the factory radio is useless in getting all of both services, the whole thing is a mess and in my opinion management has ran these companies right into the ground and I don't see then surviving more than 3 years as they are not making money and all the overpriced talent they contracted is killing the bottom line.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had SIRIUS put in the week I got my H3 and I have not looked back. I love it.

Cant comment on the CS side of things as I have never needed to call them.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you gave XM Radio your credit card number to activate or renew your account with them they will AUTOMATICALLY renew your subscription a year later whether you want it or not at the full price! They never told me or I am sure nobody else either that they would be doing this. The reason it upset me so much was I was going to call them and negotiate a lower price because they are currently offering a $77 a year subscription. They did reduce my $142 charge to the $77 but it is taking forever to get the refund credited back to my account. After several calls I still don't have my refund even though they say it is "in processing". I had them change my billing to "invoice me" instead of "automatic billing". We will see a year from now what happens then. Just be careful with these guys!

lebag335

Reaction score
I wanted to post to say that today I called XM because my trial period was about to expire and requested the $77 deal that many of you have received. I didn't have a special code or anything, I just asked for it and the CS rep told me "no problem" and literally 2 mins later I was off the phone. A one time charge and I'm done for a year! Woo Hoo! I actually had a POSSITIVE expierence with XM and wanted to share that fact. :gy: :gy: :gy:

Robert
'07 LT3