TheftLock 2000 Tahoe Radio ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtye8

Reaction score
My Cd played died in my 2000 Tahoe(New body style)
I call around a few local scrap yard. They have them but were unclear about the theftlock. Said he never had a problem.

I did a search and found one post about reseting and calling a number for a unlock key.
Just wondering overall thoughts/input. At this time I want to keep the factory style headunit.
Its a non-bose with on-star.
Will that boneyard radio work with no issues??

Thanks
Dennis

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I've been dealing with oem and aftermarket 12v electronics for almost 17 yrs and have never come across a GM Theftlock radio from a GMT800 that needed a code. There are other OE radios from other GM vehicles that need a code if power is lost though, like a lot of Olds and Buick models.

Bowtye8

Reaction score
So to be clear I should not have a problem buying this used radio and it working OK?

Come to think of it. I bought a Stock radio for my corvette. It had the cass with CD changer. I wanted the CD in the head unit..... so bought a used one. It had the theftlock but did plug right in and worked fine.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I can't say 100% that it will work, but from my experience, I think you shouldn't have a problem at all.

BLACK_DENALI

Reaction score
So to be clear I should not have a problem buying this used radio and it working OK?

Come to think of it. I bought a Stock radio for my corvette. It had the cass with CD changer. I wanted the CD in the head unit..... so bought a used one. It had the theftlock but did plug right in and worked fine.

I enabled the theftlock on my 2000 FHU when I took it out. I keep it so I could reinstall it if I sold my truck. About 6 months later I sold it to a friend cause he wanted a FHU with a CD player. I hooked it up in his truck and it powered right up. You should be able to plug in the junkyard one first and then go back in and pay for it.

Bowtye8

Reaction score
update.
Recieved the radio in the mail. Everything worked out great. Turned right on.

Next item is upgrading the factory 8" sub.

May have t ostart a new thread but just incase a few of you read this.

Is there a remote turn on wire that runs back to the factory sub.
Would be looking to upgrade teh sub then hook it up to a aftermarket amp.

Hoping all I needed was to run 12v to the back.