Throttle body air filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
You remember seeing some corvettes or f-bodies using a k/n style air filter over their throttle bodies instead of a CAI setup.

I'd like to do something like that on my truck. Pics would be real nice and help me out. Please add your .02

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You'd have to move the maf over in front of the tb like on the tpi setups. You'd also have to make sure there is enough clearance from the fan shroud to fit a conical filter. One of the reasons I wouldn't move it there is because the filter would be right in front of the fan sucking in all the hot air being pulled from the radiator by the fan. Just my .02.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
True. But really, with a stock setup, you already have HOT air going into the throttle body if you have not done the t/b coolant mod.

I am curious to seeintake air temperature readings of a stock setup and aftermarket setups. To see exactly how much cooler the incoming air really is.