Tinting The Yukon This Weekend *need some opinions*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s1m0n

Reaction score
Ok should i do 5% all around except the windsheild of course. Or should i do 5% in the back and 20% on the backseat windows and the drivers side and passenger side.

How many people have 5% and how do you get messed with by the police a lot or what?

i used to have 20% on my old car and i never got pulled over.

I know like anything 20% and below is illegal but what are the chances?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I've got 15% on my front windows. I think it compliments the factory rear window tint very good. I would not recommend you going with anything darker than what you state allows. If you do, I think you are looking for trouble. Also I should note that I have a hard time sometimes at night looking out the front windows. On nunerous occassions, i have almost sideswiped a car next to me due to lack of vision.

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got limo tint all over my truck except the windshield... i haven't got pulled over yet...

*knocks on wood*

tribalbreak

Reaction score
i had 35% all around on my last truck and got hassled by police here in PA... they have tint meters and all. it really depends on ur locality. in PA the law states that any aftermarket tint is illegal. the only legal tint is what is from the factory (like the privacy glass on our trucks) but nothing on the front windows and windshild. around here you can get away with tinting the back windows but they are sticklers for the fronts and windshield. being a police officer now, i understand their reasoning behind it. when we pull cars over with dark tint, we cannot see inside. that poses a officer safety issue, we cannot tell how many occupants nor can we see what anyone is doing. at least with the driver and passanger windowns open we can see what the driver is doing. so a word to the wise if you have dark tint, if you get pulled over for anything, roll your windows down so the officer can see what is going on...

s1m0n

Reaction score
thanks for the info..

i think i might just do 20% all around except the windsheild.. ive had my vehicles broken into so many times becuase what i have is visible.

i'm pretty big into car audio, and right now i have a huge box with subs in it. 3 amps and an pioneer avic n3, i'm getting ready to do head rest monitors all around and a flip down in the middle behind the front seats and do a custom flush mounted xbox 360 in the floor with plexiglass over it except for the cd tray.

i dont have an alarm yet but will be getting one before i do all of this by spring next year so i dont want anything to be visible

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did 20% all around and it isn't dark enough up front. I'd say 20% over the rear factory and 5% front. I want to get my windshield done but I can't see a damn thing in my dark neighborhood the way it is. Most of that has to do with the tinted tails tho (no reverse light visible lol).

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did 20 over the factory in the back and 18 on the side windows I kinda wished that I would have put 5 in the back. I liked having the 18 on the sides but the police didnt and I got a ticket for it.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 20% done on the back sides of my CR-V (along with the privacy glass), 5% on the back and 20% on the front sides... that was OK, but we decided to go 5% on all the rear windows in the Tahoe, 20% on the front sides and none on the windshield, and we LOVE it. I will warn you, though... 5% is tough to see through at night, so I would recommend putting auxillary lights for reversing.
Tahoe019.jpg

A write-up can be found in the Technical Writeups section. ;)

EVERYDAY I'm glad I did the back windows that dark. :cool2:

birdz06

Reaction score
i have 5% in front and 20% added to the already 20% rear windows. great match..got pulled over for a illegal u turn and the cop didnt even mention the tint. didnt even get a ticket for the u turn. he said the economy was too bad to be trying to give out tickets.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

to answer ur question...reversing while using those side mirrors at night will be the biggest challenge

in Georgia also

Cobra

Reaction score
It depends where you live and the state laws. I live in Texas and I have 5% tint over the factory smoked glass Back doors and back also 5% brow on the windshield. I have 20% on the front 2 windows. Cops nor DPS never bother me. However I have failed inspection a couple of times. According to their tint meters I have 1% light coming in thru the back windows. This is not the problem. The front windows were reading in @ 17% to 19% at different shops and one of those places gave me crap about the brow being to low. This has been my only problem. I see narcs driving around all the time with limo tint all around but I guess their above the law.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my tint murdered out, i got 5% all around and 30 on the winshield and i want to get the stripped and 20 put on the winshield like my old tahoe, it is illegal tho!!!

mikemjohnson

Reaction score
5% front, 40% windshield, and 20% over the rear windows (makes for 4%, which isnt illegal on the rear windows) is the winning combination. but definitely 5% on the front windows if nothing else

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is taged in PA only problem ive had was at inspection time my brow was to low so I pulled it off in parking lot 5% all the way around and love it I do 5% to all my cars