tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mascifm

Reaction score
New here to the forum, great reading! Just got a new 07 Tahoe LT3...very impressed and happy (shoulda never gave it to my wife!).
Question on tire pressure. It came from the dealer with 34psi in all four, and that's what the tire pressure monitor reads, but the sticker on the door jam says 30?!
What are you all running?

Thanks in advance

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride. Mine has 32 all 4 on 20" rims. tire pressure may change depending on you wheel/tire setup. My dealer allways sets em up at 35psi, but the sticker on the door says 32 so thats what i use.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 all the way 'round

I aim for 35 PSI all the way around. I fire up my compressor w/ gauge and over-press relief valve to maintain as necessary. With the cooler weather here in most of the USA, you should be checking the tire pressure more regularly. I was pretty shocked the other day when I looked at the DIC and saw 25 PSI on the two rear tires... :eek:

Last edited:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site........
Tire sticker on center post says 32 lbs on mine, however it has always been 34lbs since delivery. I have 20" wheels .

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine have been all set @ 35 since I bought it from my out of town dealer... And the two times I took it to my local Chevy dealer for maintenance, they've since plugged a hole from a nail, rotated my tires, and reset my tire monitoring system; all this while maintaining the 35 setting... So if Chevy thinks it's acceptable, this is how I keep them... It actually looks/feels on point @ that pressure... :yesnod:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use nitrogen in their tires?

Aside from the 78% nitrogen in the compressed air most of us use, I too was wondering if anyone actually saw a benefit to running 100% nitrogen. They say it helps handling and mileage -- does it just maintain density/pressure more effectively than air, or is there some magical property we ought to know about? It's not like I'll get better gas mileage (or more "hang time" on those steep hillcrests) if I could fill them up with helium... :p