Tire Recommendation for Z-71 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sboston4

Reaction score
I'm sitting on 40K on the OEM Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires and getting close to needing to replace them. I have no complaints but just wanted to see if anyone has any other tire recommendations for me before I go back with the same tires.

This is a '06 2WD with Z-71 so I am obviously not going off road but like the rugged look.

I definitly don't want anything more aggressive but I don't think I want a highway tire either.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires for your Hoe

http://www.michelinman.com/action/t...odel=Tahoe+LS+&+LT&year=2004&option=4+Dr.+4x2

Michelin LTX M/S tires are great. Mine's 4x4, but I do 99.999% of my driving on the hardtop (unless you count curbs & medians as off-road, then it's more like 85%) I got mine black-wall out, and they look very rugged. $165 each @ ntb.com

Very little road noise with these tires, and they grip wet streets pretty well.

I used to have the XC LT4s on my 4x2 and they were good too.

Not the cheapest, but good tires.

BH

Last edited:

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info, thanks for your time!

I like the Goodyear Wrangler silentarmor. The tread pattern is similar to the AT/S but it's much quieter and better riding. They're not the cheapest, but more aggressive than the LTX/MS. They're pretty popular replacements for the Z71, both my dealer and discount tire recommend them.

Just my $.02

sboston4

Reaction score
I actually had a set of these on my last suburban and I agree they were great tires. I actually forgot all about this until you mentioned it. I traded that truck back in 2005, as they say, the memory goes first.

Thanks for the reply.