Tire Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cha0s

Reaction score
I accidently posted this in the wrong section. Just wondering if there was a specific tire you guys would recommend on an 08 Tahoe Lt with stock 17 inch rims. I currently have Goodyear Wrangler Hp's, but feel like they ride kinda rough. Im looking for a smoother ride if possible. I was considering the Michelin Latitude Tours but havent seen much info on them. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks............Chris

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I accidently posted this in the wrong section. Just wondering if there was a specific tire you guys would recommend on an 08 Tahoe Lt with stock 17 inch rims. I currently have Goodyear Wrangler Hp's, but feel like they ride kinda rough. Im looking for a smoother ride if possible. I was considering the Michelin Latitude Tours but havent seen much info on them. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks............Chris

Michelin LTX/MS if you don't need an all terrain and BFG T/A KO if you do.

Or if you're on a budget I thought the Goodyear Wrangler RT/s was alright for the price on my first Tahoe.

cha0s

Reaction score
Do you think the Michelin latitude tour would be better than the LTX's?

cha0s

Reaction score
I would think the LTX would be better than the Latitude

Cool thanks. Yeah they say these goodyear wranglers or OEM, but man these have got to be the worst tires I have ever had.

GHR2

Reaction score

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred on my Tahoe and love them. They're excellent tires and equal to the Michelins at a much cheaper price. I would recommend it any day.

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At my shop the tire we see with the most problems are goodyears. Everyone that works there thinks they are absoulte junk. The bigger the tire the worse they are. Michelin is the absoulte best but they are pricey. We have found Kumo to be a very good tire especially for the price. We use a hunter 9700 road force tire balancer it can detect any anomillies in a tire.

Service Manager/ Shop Foreman
Goss' Garage
(Pat Goss from Motor Week TV Show)

cha0s

Reaction score
Well I ended up getting Firestone Destination Le's and there is a night and day difference. These tires ride so much nicer that the Wranglers. Thanks for all the input guys. When these tires where down, ill try some Michelin's.