Torque Management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Repoman05

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 05 Tahoe. Its 2WD but has a 6" suspension lift. Its done right and looks great. Its got 35x12.5x35 Toyo M/T Open County. Extremely aggressive tread. I decided to "test" them and was extremely impressed. But....there's ALWAYS a but.. this Torque Management crap really stinks... now I've read on other forums about people removing it totally...or partially .... I realize the TM is to prevent knuckleheads like myself from tearing up transmissions but I'd at least like to be able to spin a tire in the grass. Does anyone know how to either totally remove or lessen the amount.
I also read that if I used a programming tool that if and when I take in for service I can return settings to OEM and the dealership won't know they were changed. I've got a great powertrain warranty and don't choose to loose 3k ... any help would be appreciated.
Also would like to thank the higher ups for allowing me into your forum.