Torsion bar mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angrymov3r

Reaction score
Hey I'm writing again about my torsion bar mount. I replaced once, an it snapped a few days later. I'm about to replace it again, but is this a lost cause? Is there something else I should be concerned with? The previous owner had been in a minor fender bender, could
Something I'm not seeing be causing the mount to break?

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you talking about where it goes into the lower control arm on the front or the cross member under the front doors? should slide into keys. which mount is breaking?

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could possibly be from misalignment of the frame. best bet would be to get the Tahoe aligned and see whats going on. Depending on the fender bender if they hit it just right then frame could be tweaked a lil. also you might be adjusting your keys too high?

Angrymov3r

Reaction score
Got alignment. Replaced mount again. It snapped again!! Next stop, a frame rack. Anyone got an idea on what that's gunna cost me?! Damn 'hoe!

IMI4tth3w

Reaction score
never heard of this. first off what year is your tahoe? i know the nbs (00-06) tahoes have welded on torsion bar mounts/bushings. they aren't riveted on like the ones on the silverados. if its welded correctly you shouldn't be having any problems like that.

i've tried replacing mine but do not have the skill to weld/cut them. ended up rigging some rubberized padding to keep it from moving so much which has helped but i think it only works for my specific lift kit.

we need some pictures here.

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pictures would be very helpful in this situation, no offense but I feel like I don't have enough info.