Transplanting '02 Escalade instrument cluster in an '01 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdf307

Reaction score
I was wondering how easy it would be to punt an instrument cluster from an '02 Escalade into my 2001 Tahoe Z71...is it plug and play? My Tahoe has the message center, the only differences are the speedo (100 vs. 120) and the trans temp gauge...any info would be so helpful! Thanks guys!

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Yes, you can transfer them, and while they are KIND of plug and play, you will need to take it to a dealer and have it programmed to your VIN#, etc.

mdf307

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Yes, you can transfer them, and while they are KIND of plug and play, you will need to take it to a dealer and have it programmed to your VIN#, etc.

Thanks for your reply....What do you mean by Kind of haha. The wiring harness' arent that similar?

And also ive tuned it using EFILive am i able to program it through that or do i have to take it to a dealer?

clkelley

Reaction score
When I say kind of, I just mean that it needs to be programmed, the harness connectors and all of that are the same. AS for programming it with EFI, I am not 100% on that one, but you can send a private message to Jenna Bear here on the site and she would be able to tell you, they are extremely well versed in the programming abilities of the EFI V2 scanner. I know they can do a LOT of what the Tech II can do, I am just not sure if that is one of the options.

Hope this helps...

mdf307

Reaction score
Found one for $350....Does that sound right? he said he programs them to the vehicle before he ships it, but woah! haha